Job descriptionClient Overview:
Our client is a rapidly growing clean skincare brand! Our mission is to cultivate conscious beauty. We focus on farm-sourced, quality ingredients powered by potent actives to create thoughtful, effective formulas.
We are seeking a Creative Director to lead the creative vision for our brand. In this role, you enable and accelerate the realization of our ambitious growth goals by delivering top-tier creative assets that align with our brand identity, which you continuously enhance. You are both manager and maker, overseeing the process while also directly contributing to asset creation as needed. You are a true creative visionary, a disciplined project leader, and an emotionally intelligent people manager. You’ll partner closely with internal teams like Brand Marketing and Product Development, as well as external partners like photographers and freelancers. You will report to the CEO, and will directly manage two Designers (with a total team of 3 designers).
1. Own brand visual identity. You develop and continuously refine our visual brand identity, bringing it to life across all channels, including print, digital, video, and social media. You ensure a consistent, cohesive brand experience across all deliverables.
2. End-to-end overseer of creative process. You direct the production of all creative assets–from conception to final approval–ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and of the highest quality. You ensure excellence in concept, design, photographic and video art direction, and campaign and evergreen execution.
3. Lead the Design department. You provide day-to-day coaching and mentorship to your team of Designers, fostering their emerging talent and building their skillset. You manage the workflow and workload of the team, allocating resources and support where needed (in partnership with Creative Operations Director).
4. Art direction of photo and video shoots. In partnership with Sr. Designer/Associate Art Director, you lead the art direction for photo and video shoots; developing shot lists, providing on-set direction, and providing feedback to editors, photographers, illustrators and other related freelancers.
5. Cross-functional liaison. You are the face of the Creative department. On the front-end, you work closely with cross-functional teams to create cohesive visual storytelling and to ensure strategic implementation of our ‘look + feel.’ On the back-end, you excel at communicating your team’s final design concepts to key stakeholders, and then managing any feedback + follow-ups back with your team.
6. Packaging partner. You are the main point-of-contact with our contract manufacturer on all packaging design changes, providing direction and feedback on any changes to containers, labels, and secondary packaging.
7. Be trendy. You stay up-to-date with industry + consumer trends, regularly identifying new opportunities and innovations for our creative strategy.
- BFA or BA in graphic design, advertising, or relevant field
- 10+ years of professional design experience, either in-house or agency
- 4+ years managing a team (full-time direct reports or freelance)
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Deep understanding of + passion for the Beauty industry
- Expertise directing photo and video shoots
- Experience building 360 creative campaigns
- Extremely detail-oriented, able to keep up with a diverse to-do list
- Outstanding time management skills. Able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Able to commute to the NYC office minimum 2 days per week
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship from employer. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role.