Job descriptionOur client is a contemporary apparel brand. This role will provide support and assistance in creative, preparative and organizational tasks in womenswear design.
Design Assistant Responsibilities:
- Helping to prepare design boards for sketch reviews and meetings.
- Assisting VP of Design to maintain and update design boards with appropriate fabrics, sketches and references images as needed.
- Sourcing vintage garments, design notions, mock-ups and sew tests preparation for sketch reviews.
- Imagery, color and design research.
- Maintaining and organizing vintage archive, maintaining workspaces.
- Creating and launching tech packs and sketch updates.
- Creating trials, drapes, and swatches in our in-house atelier to develop and explore new ideas
- Participate in fittings and stylings.
- Organization with keeping track of VP of Design’s styles passed to Atelier.
- Researching inspiration online and offsite.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Fashion Design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Proficient sewing skills.
- Proficient draping and sketching skills.
- Basic understanding of technical packages.
- Basic pattern making experience a plus