Job description24 Seven is partnering with one of their top children's wear clients to help them find a Print and Graphics Design Manager to join their team in this remote position. This is a 4 month contract. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401k and holiday pay.
The Design Manager works collaboratively with the design team to create and present seasonally relevant product lines. The Designer Manager is responsible for over-seeing the development process while maintaining the brand’s high level of quality and premium outlook. This person will be required to work under tight deadlines, meet critical calendar dates and manage design team members.
- Design and present seasonally relevant product lines for the Girls division to fulfill the needs of the merchant line plan
- Research and evaluate competition and market trends as they relate
- Deliver on divisional design direction – own and present direction on silhouette and outfitting, design concepts and trends for the season
- Collaborate with VP and surface design team on concept, color, print and graphic direction
- Lead the development of styles.
- Prepare illustrator flat sketches for new products, create style CADs, determine fabric and trim needs and create design tech packs for pass off to Technical Design partners
- Develop merchandise presentations of proposed designs, including boards and other visuals
- Manage associate designer(s); delegate responsibilities and tasks, direct workflow, provide feedback and training as needed
- Work cross-divisionally to ensure cohesion between divisions for shared brand stories/seasonal strategies
- Partner with fabric team to determine fabric needs, selection, and approval
- Communicate with vendor and sourcing partners regarding product development issues and requests
- Partner with cross-functional team to achieve AUC goals, deliver on design intent and sales growth strategies
- Ensure all development calendar deadlines are met Attend design, cross-functional meetings and fit sessions
- Ensure adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action Calendar.
- 7-10 years of Apparel Design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design or related field of study
- High taste level and excellent eye for color, graphics, print and pattern; able to translate trends into brand aesthetic
- Awareness of current fashion trends and understanding of the childrenswear marketplace
- Knowledge and experience with fabric, trims, garment construction, fit and the apparel product development process
- Adobe Illustrator proficiency; Photoshop and PLM system experience a plus
- A high-energy team player with a can-do attitude willing to learn and grow with the company
- Solution oriented, critical thinker with ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively manage and develop design team members
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines
- Be a Brand Ambassador at all times - be highly engaged and represent our passion for our brand, our products and our company