Job descriptionOur client, a major streaming platform is looking for a Freelance Designer to join their team!
Full time hours
1 year contract assignment
Rate: $50-$60/hr (DOE)
We are looking for a Designer to support our Games Artwork team with creating assets, managing the presentation decks, and assisting design leads with the production of presentation materials and deliverables.
As a Freelance Designer you will be partnering with internal designers, creative producers and freelancers to create visually stunning and effective artwork for games titles within the member experience. This unique opportunity blends hands-on design, art direction and project management in a fully autonomous environment. Initially the role will be heavily focused on production but will eventually move to a mix of production support and ideation/creation of conceptual assets with the creative leads.
About the job
- Concepting and hands on creation of creative assets to represent game titles on service and mobile platforms
- Assist Design Lead to create, manage, organize presentation decks
- Navigate and organize any assets we have for each project
- Arrange all title specific information from app icons to mobile specific versioning of design assets
- Collaborate with the designer leads and freelancers to help them understand workflows for both design, and complex nature of various template aspects
- Help Design Lead execute strategy deck for various game titles
- Create and manage structures in google drive for all rounds of files from various artists
- Prep all files to be handed over to a Production Artist for delivery
- Collaborate with Designer Leads and provide creative feedback and art direction
- Innovate and implement personal workflows to optimize processes.
- Build strong relationships with both technical and creative partners.
- Support on multiple projects and timelines from kickoff to completion
- Balance quality creative and project management
- Embrace working with limited assets
- Track details of projects development and meet delivery timelines from start to finish.
The Right Stuff
- 5+ years working within a creative environment (agency and/or in-house) for a gaming/tech/entertainment/consumer brand preferred, but not required.
- Experience in a fast paced, high volume environment with many moving parts.
- Proven ability to create and direct high-quality creative (portfolio required).
- Expert in all aspects of developing creative in a digital, product or user-centric space.
- Experienced in all aspects of creative project management from kickoff to completion.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals.
- A good sense of humor.
- A love of movies and TV shows.
- Curious about technology and comfortable with tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator