Job descriptionDigital Graphic Designer
Our client is looking to add a Digital Graphic Designer to their team!
As a Digital Graphic Designer, you would be a crucial member of growing in-house Creative Services and Digital teams. This role will help design and construct web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (UI/ UX) features and other techniques to help the brands grow and engage loyalists on Brand eCommerce sites, Owned Social, on Amazon Brand store pages and via innovative email marketing designs.
The Graphic Designer will work directly with the Creative Design team and e-commerce strategy team, with partnership of the marketing team. They will be responsible for developing and implementing digital related design solutions for consumer facing communications that support brand strategy.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for exploration, conceptualization, and execution of design options and solutions, while working as a member of a larger team in the development of brand-focused design solutions. This individual is someone who takes pride in the company and its brands.
This role is hybrid 4 day/week in San Pedro, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take designs from concept to final product by creating digital and print deliverables.
- Create eCommerce collateral including label design, print design (marketing collateral and logos), web design, landing pages, art direction, line sheets and look books.
- Design and build Amazon Brand Store and Amazon A+ page content
- Design emails, posts and banners (both static and GIF).
- Support the conception and creation of digital video ad products, such as display and rich media ads.
- Photoshop incoming product photography and deliver finished assets to vendors.
- Experience in Photo editing and retouching, typography, branding and identities, concepting, and copywriting.
- Working to various timelines, in a fast-paced environment while always delivering creative that is accurate and consistent
- Maintain a strong attention to detail and ability to closely follow guidelines to create visually striking experiences, and innovate best design practices that engage consumers.
- Execute creative designs in support of website usability improvements and marketing campaigns.
- Imagine and execute new creative ideas that help push the brand image forward while keeping up with new trends.
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team, using expertise in social media design, motion graphics and photography and typography.
- Assist with multiple design projects and create design solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven high-energy, collaborative environment.
- Communicate design rationales and respond to cross functional feedback.
Skills & Qualification Requirements:
- BFA in Graphic Design or Design from an accredited school.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in designing solutions as a UX graphic designer, interaction designer or UI artist.
- Possess strong understanding of current best practices for digital design and production, including websites, emails, web banners, social media and mobile device marketing pieces.
- Creates assets at scale to support an Amazon test-and –learn environment to implement successful Amazon content tactics including A+ content, above-the-fold imagery for the PDP, and paid media placement
- Create and deliver assets that meet Amazon guidelines, including specs, file size and other compliance requirements
- Ability to work independently, define design requirements, and prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to adapt to constant change and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in designing and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, and Invision.
- Tech-savvy with a proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Primarily Illustrator and Photoshop. Indesign, Premiere, After Effects and Flash are a bonus).
- Excellent work ethic, time-management skills, and an outgoing personality are key to joining their team.
- Passionate, conceptual thinker and innovator with strong design sensibilities and a keen eye for graphic art placement.
- A love for branding and storytelling
- A deep understanding of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout.
- Background in health, fitness or sports supplements is a PLUS.
- Portfolio that demonstrates your proficiency in preferred qualifications.
- An understanding of consumer priorities and ability to strive to exceed expectations
- Remain current in the graphic/digital design industry; identify new techniques and trends