Job descriptionPosition Summary:
As the Director of Revenue Assurance, you will lead the organization’s effort to fully account for the company’s revenue by overseeing the production of call records and reconciliation of all calls. The position will manage a small team of highly motivated revenue assurance professionals, collaborating closely with compliance and regulatory teams. This role requires a deep understanding of telecommunications billing, unquestionable integrity and ethics, and the high business and regulatory acumen necessary to maximize our revenue while ensuring uncompromising compliance with the applicable regulations.
What you will do:
• Revenue Reconciliation: Oversee the creation of all call records and reconciliation across various data sources to ensure 100% accuracy in billing. Implement and maintain processes to identify and resolve discrepancies in billing records or underlying data prior to monthly billing submittals.
• Team Management: Recruit, train, mentor, and lead a team of revenue assurance professionals. Foster a culture of accuracy, compliance, and continuous improvement within the team.
• Compliance and Regulatory Oversight: Collaborate closely with technology and regulatory teams to ensure 100% adherence to federal regulations as it relates to reimbursable calls and minimum service levels. Work proactively with compliance to make and document decisions related to billing process. Staying updated on regulatory changes translates their impact to the organization.
• Revenue Protection: Develop and implement processes and controls to maximize the number of compensable calls within the bounds of our regulations. Identify risks related to revenue leakage or non-compliance and work cross-functionally to mitigate these risks.
• Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and enhance revenue assurance processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of our monitoring and processing, including implementation of automation and data analytics frameworks.
• Expense Review and Alignment: Examine expenses directly linked related to our customer call processing, ensuring they are accurate and match our call processing detail. Implement processes to continually align these expenses with evolving revenue patterns.
• Strategic Reporting and Documentation: Create and communicate insightful monthly reports and documentation on revenue assurance activities for internal and external stakeholders.
• Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with compliance, operations, and technology teams to ensure 100% adherence to federal regulations as it relates to reimbursable calls and minimum service levels. Work across the organization to communicate the critical nature of our revenue assurance functions and ensure all departments are contributing to meet our high standards for compliance. Provide insights and tangible recommendations to improve broader organizational processes that relate in a higher ratio of reimbursable calls. The kind of people we look for:
• Versatile people who thrive on variety and challenge.
• Excited about working in a fast-paced environment.
• Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture.
• Takes initiative, pushes boundaries, motivated to innovate.
• Talented individuals with a growth mindset who want to use their learning and relationship-building skills.
• Align with our company core values: Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, Service and Quality.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; advanced degrees or relevant certifications are a plus.
• 5 years demonstrated people management skills including training, developing, and mentoring team members including a remote environment.
• Strong background in regulatory compliance, specifically within telecommunications companies.
• Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivate colleagues to focus their energy on achieving business goals.
• Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and tactical operational levels. Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
• Strong analytical, planning, and budgeting skills. Ability to influence others.