Job descriptionPLEASE NOTE VACCINATION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE!
Mover, shaker, innovative and influential. Our client is reinventing approaches to retail. Creating pop up moments in key markets and bringing the brand to a new customer base to showcase our incredible outerwear, sportswear and accessories in a unique way. Irreverent, authentic, fiery, we are the new luxury. Our products represent the ultimate craftsmanship, quality and detail.
Our client is leader in outerwear, apparel and accessories that is on a path of significant growth globally.
As the District Manager role, reporting to the EVP, DTC, you will support a critical strategic driver in the business. As a key link to develop our real estate plans, while supporting business growth and bringing the brand to life in a distinctive way, you are accountable to ensure the standards and values of the brand are implemented with the highest level of quality and excellence.
Based in the United States, this is a remote role that will require travel to our stores in several states. As the District Manager, you will support the EVP, and the retail teams to open and drive the business in several markets. You will need to have a strong desire and proven track record to open stores, build teams and be entrepreneurial in tapping into local markets to drive traffic. This role will oversee all pop ups in the US and require extensive travel, and managing the opening of several stores in several locations at once is pinnacle for this role.
Some of What You Will Do:
• Create and reinforce a proactive selling culture that focuses on building long-term relationships through clienteling and our Moose Memorable Moments
• Foster an environment where service and selling are top priorities through training, coaching, role-modeling and personal customer involvement
• Quickly develop team to deliver outstanding customer experiences across the district managing with integrity, honesty, fairness, and knowledge, promoting our values and vision
• Plan, identify, and communicate key responsibilities and practices to General Managers to ensure effective and efficient flow of operations
• Review store environments and key business metrics with EVP to identify successes, problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
• Creates weekly, monthly, and quarterly action plans to achieve sales and operational goals
• Manages district-level payroll spending and conducts audits
• Ensures that stores comply with applicable federal and/or state laws, along with store safety programs
• Act as a brand ambassador and promote the brand in the market place
• Communicate pop up vision, strategy and clear directions to teams
• Create innovative strategies to achieve both short goals, need to be fast and fearless
• Work with EVP and cross-functional partners to establish objectives that support the vision
BRAND AND COMPETITIVE AWARENESS
• Stay current with market competition, industry, fashion trends and customer shopping behaviors
• Understand and communicate how products fit into current outerwear and fashion trends
• Ensure employees are perceived as outerwear product experts to both associates and customers by strong role modeling and communicating
• Develop and execute strategies to grow the local business (i.e. sales initiatives, clienteling, customer engagement, market opportunities, talent acquisition, retention, etc.)
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of business acumen and analytical skills; strategically forecast, plan and budget to the needs of the business
• Collaborate with business partners (Visual, Merchandising, Allocation, Logistics, Store Operations, etc.) to ensure strategies are aligned with overall business objectives and customer preferences
• In partnership with the Buying team, provide input on the customer and competitor trends
• Provide input on the assortment & planning strategy to adapt to the specific customers profiles
• In partnership with the Marketing teams, provide insight and opportunities for local initiatives
Some of What You’ll Need:
• At least 5 years of experience in a district manager role and in a fast-paced, ideally luxury/ fashion environment
• Previous experience as a General Manager a major asset
• Proficient experience in store build outs, materials, using multitude of platforms and tools
• Expert recruiter, trainer and ability to manage remotely
• Drives revenue and manages controllables
• Experience in working closely with store development, merchandising, finance, IT, loss prevention, operations and logistics
• Proven business acumen, highly analytical, able to present and promote ideas
• Ability to travel 50% + of the time
• High Proficiency: in store systems, Excel and PowerPoint.
Some of Who You Are:
• Decisive and able to collaborate effectively with teams to develop strategies
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to pivot, shift gears and multi-task
• Strong communication and written skills
• The ability to direct a team well through change management