E-Commerce Merchandiser Overview:
As E-commerce Merchandiser, you will manage every aspect of the customer buying journey to maximize revenue. You will influence how the customer is perceiving the brand and impact their buying decision.
In the role of E-commerce Merchandiser, your focus will include website design, e-commerce store setup, product photographs and descriptions, and customer support to ensure it reflects the brand to maximize selling opportunities and influence the customer site journey.
E-Commerce Merchandiser Responsibilities:
· Manage and merchandise across the site and various business platforms daily.
· Review data analytics to optimize online aspects of the brand, determine merchandising strategy including but not limited to email sales and communication, product landing page, time-oriented online deals, etc. to help increase conversion rate and deliver best-in-class online experience.
· Present weekly reports to team on weekly best/ worst sellers.
· Consistently look for opportunities to improve product pages through enhanced product attributes, imagery, and user experience, and do daily and weekly reviews of the site heatmap to present findings and suggestions to team.
· Assess weekly inventory and partners to plan and ensure order fulfillment and stay ahead of inventory issues.
· Appraise competitor websites to ensure brand is aligned with industry in terms of categorization, promotions, and trends.
· Direct and execute cross-selling and up-selling strategies for website items to generate and maximize additional sales.
· Analyze web data to understand website traffic and customer interaction with site content and identify business opportunities and risks related to categories, featured placements of promotions/ sales, and general online shopping.
· Understand and identify opportunities for growth by category based on the rapidly changing e-commerce and digital landscape, including market trends and historical performance.
· Create category specific merchandising strategies including product filters, navigation pathways, and landing page experiences that will best drive product discoverability and presentation.
· Develop and recommend changes to online category strategy based on customer and competitor insights, brand strategies, analysis of KPIs, product-specific promotions, and report findings on monthly/ quarterly basis or more frequently if necessary.
· Examine, improve, and optimize merchandising strategies based on the best practices of the competitive landscape of key competitors and online retailers and stay up to date on emerging online trends.
· Research new and innovative online solutions and capabilities across key competitions, industry trends, and emerging customer and market needs to continuously find ways to improve the online experience for the brand’s customers and present findings to team on a regular basis (monthly/ quarterly/ as needed).
· Fill out PDP information on product description, sizing, care, styled with, SEO copy.
· Monitor and repair QC issues on site and keep team updated on any site enhancement/ repair issues that arise, e.g: redirecting 404 errors on the site.
· Partner with Digital Marketing Agency to identify search word trends and suggest opportunities.
· Merchandise product categories based on newsletters and coordinate with Creative Director on image selection for products and marketing.
· Manage and maintain social shop catalogue and merchandise collections for Instagram.
· Assist with on-site execution of all marketing initiatives as well as with the ideation and execution of the marketing calendar.
· Coordinate e-com exclusive flat photography with Collection Merchandiser.
· Create directives for monthly photoshoots and assist Art Director on set day of e-commerce photoshoot to ensure all products are photographed as per the directive.
E-Commerce Merchandiser Requirements:
· 2-3+ years of experience in e-commerce merchandising.
· Extensive experience working with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics a must.
· Demonstrable experience using Shopify a must.
· Data driven with focus on conversion rate and tracking customer flow through site.
· Experience with major online platforms and their ecosystems.
· SEO experience preferred.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Be analytical and process-oriented to make data-driven decisions.