Job descriptionOur client, a major entertainment company in Los Angeles is looking for an Editorial Art Director to join their team!
Full time hours
1 year contract assignment
Must have tv, film or entertainment experience
The Editorial & Publishing team is on the pulse of conversation among our consumers — not just listening, but participating in and starting thoughtful, hilarious, exciting discussions with fans. Though part of the larger marketing organization, our team’s work is unique in that we express a firm perspective on content and culture in the way a traditional media outlet would. With 15 audiences and growing, our robust offering of distribution spans across owned and managed platforms around the world.
The Publishing Innovation team’s purpose as a part of the Editorial Publishing Group is to build meaningful bonds between fans and content through new direct, personal, and vibrant experiences. We’re here to explore our titles, talent and brand through the lens of Entertainment, Lifestyle and Cultural conversations. Our ambition is to redefine what fans should expect from an editorial experience. We operate in the intersections where world-class editorial content meets immersive design that puts fans at the core of our experience.
We’re looking for an Editorial Art Director whose key responsibilities would include:
- Working closely with our editorial art directors to curate photos, commission illustrations or create art for assigned editorial stories
- Designing story visuals for assigned editorial genre.
- Partnership with the design + photo leadership teams to create stunning visuals for the platform
- Assisting the team with creating and executing repeatable art formats, managing relationships with our roster of illustrators and finding new illustration talent.
To be successful this person must have/be...
- A seasoned designer who is versatile in different styles of editorial + digital design
- An understanding of the world of TV & Film and the entertainment industry and ecosystem we operate as part of.
- Attuned to the pulse of pop culture, entertainment TV, and movies.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to move in a quick + ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated history of delivering exceptional creative in a multi-channel environment
- Innovative and curious to redefine the editorial experience