Executive Director, Global Brand Strategy & Consumer Engagement
Our client is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand. They are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category junkies, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players.
Executive Director Overview:
You are an experienced strategic planner who has a strong foundation across paid, earned, and owned media at global scale. You have a holistic point-of-view in linking consumer trends across omnichannel media to drive brand awareness and engagement at scale. A critical component of the role is staying current on cultural trends and consumer insights to ensure that the brand is reaching high growth audiences in the right environments.
- Lead the strategy and oversee the execution of breakthrough consumer activation programs that build brand awareness, affinity and product adoption globally, working closely with agency partners and internal Creative studio, Global Product Marketing, and Communications teams.
- Craft marketing strategies and insights-driven creative briefs that inspire the internal creative studio and functional partners to deliver results-oriented, brand-differentiating work.
- Drive overall cohesion between omnichannel activations, synchronizing the team to ensure cohesive and seamless brand presence across channels that build to accelerate awareness, generate demand and increase market.
- Collaborate closely with Global Product Marketing, Creative, and Commercial teams to ensure global GTM toolkits are comprehensive enough to support all regional needs, and directional enough to ensure executional excellence.
- With media agency, lead the global paid media strategy for campaigns and always-on opportunities, providing modular and scalable frameworks to be shared with regions for adaptation on the local level.
- Work closely with Commercial partners, inspiring their approach and empowering them to activate globally consistent yet locally relevant campaigns that fuel our global retail channels with qualified consumers.
- Develop framework to include KPIs, reporting templates and schedule for optimization opportunities.
- Act as primary point of contact for platform account managers, including TikTok, Meta, and Google, securing new beta opportunities and leading ad platform innovation for the brand.
- Champion new and emerging platforms and technologies, pushing the brand to remain on the cutting edge of culture and consumer engagement, developing global pilot programs based on brand needs.
- Inspire and motivate the Brand Strategy & Consumer Engagement, Social and Influencer teams, promoting a high performance and fun environment as they develop unique strategies for each channel and community to unlock organic brand growth & engagement.
- Ensure team delivers analytics, including reporting, development of insights and socialization with key stakeholders driving constant iteration and optimization.
- Responsible for consistency in messaging and content to support brand strategy, voice, and positioning, collaborating with the SVP, Global Marketing and Creative Director to deliver a cohesive brand experience across all communication channels.
- Inform brand storytelling across owned channels including the site, supporting ecommerce team SEO goals while ensuring brand equity stories are told (heritage, sustainability, relevancy, etc).
- Work closely with the Consumer & Market Insights team to develop a deep knowledge of our target audience.
- Routinely share marketing strategies and plans, program results and learnings, and relevant industry and competitor trends with the broader organization.
- Effectively manage consumer marketing budget in partnership with Marketing Operations and Finance.
- 8+ years of relevant Global Marketing experience within the beauty industry
- Experience as a strategic planner, with experience executing across relevant tactical marketing channels, including social, programmatic, OOH, CTV, OTV, audio, etc
- Thought leader and expert across digital marketing channels
- Able to provide clear and comprehensive direction and feedback to Creatives
- Experience in leading, mentoring and inspiring a team by creating a work environment that fosters inclusivity, creativity and innovation
- Hyper-collaborative and able to understand the needs of various internal and external partners
- Possesses strong analytical, creative, and oral and written communication skills
- Trend-spotter and in tune with evolving consumer and market shifts
- Experience working with a smaller, niche, more entrepreneurial brand is a plus
- Commercially minded with ability to balance building brand equity and driving sales
- Entrepreneurial, challenger spirit with ability to self-motivate while inspiring others
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills