Client Overview: Women’s Contemporary lifestyle Brand based in New York City.
Role Overview: We are looking for a dynamic fabric development and sourcing expert for USA & global sourcing as well as working with operations for placing production orders.
Fabric Director Responsibilities:
- Source new fabrics and vendors, including print development, knowledge of and relationships with domestic & international mills.
- Oversee Lab testing of raw materials ensuring compliance with internal procedures established testing policies.
- Order sample yardage and follow up for timely deliveries and development of collection, approval of strike offs and samples.
- Negotiate pricing, maintain master list of fabrics / vendors costs information, minimums purchase, production lead time.
- Quality control
- Review and confirm company standards by fabric vendor and ensure confirmed protocols are established and effective with each supplier prior to each purchase order.
- Check fabric production quality before shipping to factories, review any quality issue with President.
- Inventory control
- Provide inventory reports update monthly, budget, keep inventory control with all movements of stoc
Fabric Manager Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience sourcing cut and sew knits
- Relationship builder
- Computer savvy and proficient in excel
- Loves fabric, developing and meeting standards in hand weight stretch feel and color
- Familiar with developing prints
- Must have many sourcing contacts and long-term relationships
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Driven by seasonal deadlines to a fault, sense of urgency
- Prevent problems and solve problems