Job descriptionJob Summary:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing accurate and timely financial analysis and reporting to support the financial decision-making process .This role will work closely with cross-functional teams and business partners to analyze financial data, identify trends, and provide insights to drive business performance and profitability.
1. Financial Analysis: Conduct in-depth financial analysis, including but not limited to, variance analysis, financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting. Analyze financial data to identify trends, patterns, and potential risks or opportunities. Provide recommendations based on analysis to support strategic decision-making.
2. Reporting and Presentation: Prepare and present financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, to senior management and business partners. Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial data and reports. Develop and maintain financial dashboards and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track and monitor business performance.
3. Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes. Collaborate with business partners to gather relevant financial information and assumptions. Analyze and validate financial projections to ensure alignment with business objectives and financial targets.
4. Financial Planning and Strategy: Support the development and implementation of financial planning and strategic initiatives. Provide insights and recommendations to optimize financial performance, improve operational efficiency, and drive profitability. Assist in evaluating investment opportunities and potential risks.
5. Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various departments, including sales, operations, and marketing, to gather and analyze financial data. Partner with business leaders to understand their financial needs and provide guidance on financial implications of business decisions. Act as a trusted advisor to influence and drive financial discipline across the organization.
6. Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline financial processes and enhance reporting capabilities. Implement best practices and tools to improve efficiency and accuracy of financial analysis and reporting. Stay updated on industry trends and changes in accounting standards to ensure compliance and adherence to financial regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. Master's degree or professional certification (e.g., CFA, CPA) is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis, preferably in a retail or consumer goods industry.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data and identify key insights.
- Proficient in financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting techniques.