Job description24 Seven is partnering with one of our footwear and apparel brand clients to find them a Footwear Costing Analyst to join their team for this full-time salaried position with bonus, great benefits and exceptional work/life balance. Brief details are below.
This is an exciting position that will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model on the Central California Coast. Relocation will be provided if not in the area already.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of footwear costing experience.
The Costing Analyst reports to the Costing Manager and is responsible for managing product costing for assigned brand categories. The Analyst assists the product creation team running margin scenarios and provides support to meet brand margin target at key milestones. The position maintains costing data for cross-brands and ensures reporting is accurate and on time.
- The primary functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Product Development to review Cost Breakdown Sheets and teardown notes for assigned categories.
- Partner with Development and Product Teams to review margins at key milestones.
- Support Product Development running costing exercises for margin improvement.
- Provide margin scenarios to Product Line Managers.
- Collaborate with Asia Costing to provide potential cost saving suggestions to resolve margin challenges.
- Maintain and analyze cross-brand reports. This includes updating Inline and SMU production Pricers on a weekly basis and validating CBS FOB price against FlexPLM.
- Validate costing data in FPLM including retail price, forecasts, and duty rate to report accurate seasonal margin.
- Provide seasonal Price Change Summary data analysis to team identifying major changes.
- Deliver seasonal Retail Price Change Report to Product Team.
- Who You Are
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems (FLEX or other)
- knowledge of footwear construction preferred and manufacturing
- Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivated, focused on meeting deadlines
- General knowledge of financial and pricing models, and ability to think through and problem solve
- Effective communicator and team player with ability to work closely with cross functional areas
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with an emphasis on financial or business analysis
- 2-3 years of footwear costing experience
- 3+ years industry experience