Job descriptionFreelance Digital Asset Manager Overview
Our client is looking for a dedicated freelance Digital Asset Manager to collaborate with multiple departments to own the daily ingest of global content to the Digital Asset Management system. The Digital Asset Manager will have an in-depth understanding of how content is created, workflow management and assist with initiatives to grow the scope and capabilities of the DAM system. This role relies on a strong understanding of data management best practices and excellent leadership and communication skills. This role reports into the Director of Digital Asset Management.
Freelance Digital Asset Manager Responsibilities
• Maintain the daily operations of uploading content, applying metadata, usage rights to content. Ensure the content meets the requirements such as the correct filename, asset descriptions, naming conventions to ensure ease of searchability to the end user.
• Assist with managing content on the DAM by creating collections, handling image requests and distribution of content.
• Assist the Director of DAM to implement new strategies associated with the best practices, cataloging, tagging, storage, retrieval, and distribution of all creative digital assets.
• Govern compliance and maintenance of the system. Actively promote data consistency to support common standards to drive user adaption.
• Work with Director of DAM to provide guidance, assistance and support to DAM users as needed or requested. Review, analyze and evaluate both system and the user’s needs. Drive best practices and efficiencies throughout the creative workflow
• Manage the digital asset lifecycle including asset expiration and digital archiving
Freelance Digital Asset Manager Qualifications
• 2-5+ years of proven experience in Digital Asset Management systems for a large organization
• Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or Library Sciences or equivalent degree
• Knowledge and hands on experience in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) a strong plus
• Proficient in MS Excel, Office, Capture One and Adobe Photoshop
• Knowledge of wide-ranging file formats and specifications including still, video, social, and web content
• Knowledge of cloud-based storage solutions
• Experience driving large-scale programs end-to-end in collaboration with internal and external partners
• Able to quickly learn and adapt to new and evolving technology