Job descriptionSEO Specialist Overview
The SEO specialist will own the SEO strategy and roadmap to maximize organic traffic growth and be responsible for KPIs around search ranking, traffic, and viewership/revenue performance. This position will work directly with the Marketing, Product and Tech teams to advocate for and implement best practices, as well as highlight new opportunities for enhancements with a consistently changing content library. The right person for this role has at least 4 years of SEO experience will be a data-driven self-starter who is focused on delivering results. If you are someone who is an effective communicator with the ability to interact with tech and non-tech audiences and has a passion for SEO, then this is a great role for you.
SEO Specialist Responsibilities
- Be the subject matter expert and strategist for all things SEO both web and mobile web platforms.
- Define our team's set of SEO best practices and embed SEO as standard operating procedure.
- Build a prioritized roadmap and backlog, focused on advancing free traffic growth objectives.
- Increase quality of organic traffic to the site to drive new user acquisition, using best-in-class strategy and executing on day to-day optimization.
- Work cross functionally with marketing, content and product teams to help maximize the visibility of key content/keywords in search engine ranking.
- Monitor and continually report on key ranking metrics and performance trends.
- Track industry trends and key crawler updates from Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- 4+ years work experience required
- Experience delivering SEO solutions and a proven track record.
- On-Page Optimization best practices (Title, META descriptions, content, etc.).
- Off-Page Optimization tactics (Linkbuilding & Content Promotion).
- Understanding of Google's core algorithm & major updates: Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird, etc.
- Proficient at both Excel (especially formulas, vlookups & pivot tables) and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of various SEO keyword research and analysis.
- General understanding of online marketing strategies and tactics.