Our client is a notable private equity firm with a proven track record of investing in, building, and enhancing existing companies and portfolios. They work closely with founders and management teams to deliver crucial capital efforts to ensure growth, resources, and internal expertise is provided throughout the partnership. With a focus on technology and software market, they have their pulse on emerging tech-enabled trends, positioning them as a leader within the industry.
General Manager Overview:
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing operations for a large portfolio company. In this role, you will work closely with organizational leaders to establish new strategies, scale digital operations, and maintain existing relationships for new growth and development.
General Manager Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement the portfolio’s long-term strategy, ensuring alignment with business and growth goals in place.
· Full ownership of the P&L, including both top line growth and controlling operating expenditure. Prudent financial management, efficient operational processes, and productivity optimization is in place for cost-effective operations.
· Collaborate with investment partners to identify and evaluate new investment opportunities, while defining long-term strategies, business goals, and growth objectives.
· Provide consistent and regular communicate efforts between the firm and investors for clear and up to date information.
· Lead a high-performing, cross-functional team to work collaboratively in driving maximum returns and investments for clients.
· Ensure prudent financial management, implementing efficient operation processes and optimization to drive productivity and cost-effectiveness.
· Identify new market opportunities to help drive sustainable growth and a competitive advantage amongst the market.
· Attract top industry talent and mentor key executives to build a strong leadership pipeline.
General Manager Qualifications:
· 5+ years of experience in Demand Generation with B2B Software companies
· 3+ years of experience leading digital strategy and client services at an agency, preferably with B2B Software customers
· Proven ability to grow and lead high performing teams
· Past proven experience scaling digital services/software businesses to at least $5M in annual revenue and running it with profitability and high net margins
· Quantifiable past relationships with various VC’s, PE’s, and/or technology companies to create a steady pipeline for new business development
· Exceptional analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities