Role Overview: This position is responsible for carefully handling, documenting, storing and releasing jewelry safely throughout the pre and post-sale process.
- Work in coordination with all other support functions and record data using internal systems
- Organize shipment of properties and liaise with the shipping department and other departments as necessary
- Manage and maintain the inventory of all property by ensuring it is updated daily and utilizing all relevant property control mechanisms and performing regular audits.
- Hand carry property to labs, jewelers and to vendors.
- Liaise with the accounts payable department for the payment of invoices, and the processing of check requests.
- Assist with the preparation of certificate and condition report packets for sale preview.
- Coordinate travelling previews: shipping property, forms, and other supplies, create price list and travel catalog
- Assist in the viewing room during sale week.
- Hire, schedule and oversee viewing assistants during preview week
- Submit expense reports
- Maintain department files and internal database as applicable to jewelry inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience working with clients preferred
- 1 year of professional experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint), required.
- Language skills in addition to English, desirable