Job descriptionClient Overview:
Our client was founded by a makeup artist and beauty expert, with the mission of celebrating individuality, creativity, and self-expression – balancing au natural minimalism with bold statements to express every beauty mood. Each product and shade was created to complete what’s missing in the market, not compete. The multi-category line of Skincare, Makeup, Fragrance and Hair Care is made with innovative and luxurious formulas that are all vegan, cruelty-free, and made with safe and effective ingredients.
Our client is looking for a lead copywriter who will develop the brand and brand founder voice across all consumer touch points in digital and print, including DTC, PR, Social, Advertising, and Packaging copy. This role will work on a range of projects from campaign concepts, brand and retailer website copy, and social content —always staying true to the brand’s voice and values. In addition to excellent storytelling skills, this position requires someone with the presence to clearly articulate and present their work within the team and to cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be someone who loves storytelling and beauty, likes being part of a small but mighty team and wants to grow with our brand..
- Work collaboratively with Creative and Marketing to conceptualize and develop messaging for brand campaigns to support key brand initiatives, new storytelling for core products, and new launch messaging across consumer touchpoints including Press, Collateral, Education, and VM
- Write data-backed, SEO-optimized online copy for brand/retailer.com, CRM, digital advertising, and partner with Social Media lead on caption copy – ensuring the brand principles are expressed in a compelling, consumer-friendly way
- Partner with Product Development and Product Marketing to develop compelling new product and set names, benefit claims and usage for all new products, package copy
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Product Development, and Legal departments to ensure product claims messaging is as powerful as possible while adhering to regulatory standards, including regional variants
- Partner with Creative and Marketing on development of scripts for brand, campaign and how-to videos
- Responsible for proof-reading and approvals for all primary and packaging artwork mechanicals
- Build and maintain approved copy library, sharing with partners as needed and ensuring messaging stays consistent
- 5+ years of related copywriting experience
- Strong emphasis on online communications including website content, emails, and social media
- Strong conceptual abilities and the capacity to write about product benefits in an engaging manner
- Expert editing and proofing abilities necessary
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and shift workload as needed in order to meet deadlines