Job descriptionOur client, the world's largest container Chassis manufacture is seeking a Logistic Coordinator to join the centralized team based in South Gate, California.
This role is Temp-to-perm
ON-SITE at their factory in South Gate, CA
Rate: up to $25/per hour
This individual will cross train with the centralized team to gain full understanding of end to end supply chain needs and inventory across all Plant/Satellite locations.
- Support Logistics Supervisor in managing inbound and outbound activities with ocean carrier, terminal, trucking companies and warehouse operation across all Plant/Satellite locations.
- Schedules and monitors transportation-related activities, including pickups and deliveries.
- Ensures, correct, on time, undamaged and low-cost shipping requirements are met for inbound and outbound shipments
- Reports any discrepancies and delays while working with various internal stakeholders and logistics vendors to ensure on-time arrival
- Prepare accurate shipping reports on the daily basis
- Drive, assist and manage inventory counts across all Plant/Satellite locations; Ensure Inventory is received systematically on the timely basis
- Assist with monthly inventory counts
- Suggest and implement corrective actions accordingly, as issues arise; Identifies opportunities to enhance supply chain practices and implements consistent processes across the centralized team
- Complies with all OSHA safety standards and EPA regulations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma required, Bachelor s Degree Preferred.
- Experience in logistics field or supply chain field is desirable; or acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills, proficiency using basic office software and intermediate understanding in Excel is a must.
- Must be capable of lifting 15 pounds to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment has the typical office characteristics essential to perform the required functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work area is usually quiet.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.