Job descriptionJob Description:
The Planner drives sales through a consistent focus on studying the business, monitoring inventory and sales performance, and providing analysis and action plans to optimize sales and inventory. Critical functions include tracking performance of existing products and assisting in the determination of next steps; developing in-season forecasts and future merchandise plans; maintaining OTB; and ensuring the merchandise financial targets are met (e.g. revenue, units, AUR, margin).
*Please note - this role is on the Westside & is on-site 5 days a week. Candidate must live within 20 miles of Southbay.*
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS:
- Manage the OTB sales and inventory at the brand level and ensure that the merchandise targets will be met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Communicate to the merchandising team the OTB plan updates and receipt plans. Ensure the receipt plans are filled according to the write schedule. Participate in weekly/monthly in-season forecast and OTB meetings.
- Reforecast sales bi-monthly and communicate results and critical issues to the manager. Develop an action plan to increase or decrease inventory as needed to reconcile the OTB.
- Drive sales by analyzing trends, forecasting, and providing quarterly and seasonal plans by gender/brand/sub-class and skus 9 months in advance of buying season. Included are category, style, color, type and material. Ensure the purchases meet the plan.
- Drive sales by analyzing trends, forecasting sales and reviewing inventory position; identify risks and opportunities in sales and inventory; provide action plans on a weekly basis.
- Partner with merchandisers to actively manage the lifecycle and flow of inventory. Develop exit strategies and transition strategies for major product platforms; provide guidance on cancelations, markdown needs, and in store inventory plans and models.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, report on the sales and inventory results to plan and LY.
- Partner with merchandising and store planning to review pre distribution 30 days after orders are placed. Review orders with in-store date 30 days out to identify any changes required. Prioritize key styles/categories for delivery. Ensure pre-allocations meet store/cluster targets.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math. Proficiency in using financial metrics and reports to measure the performance of the business. Understand how decisions impact financial results.
- Experience in SKU level and category level planning, financial planning process and report/modeling building.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to compile and analyze large sets of data.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, influentially, and responsibly across a cross-functional team.
- Excels in team environments and in building/developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals.
- Ability to travel 0-10% of time.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Driven to excel and succeed, taking full ownership of his or her success.
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Strong interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-
Minimum 2-4 years Merchandise Planning, Buying experience in retail – preferably within Footwear
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
Advanced computer skills (Excel – pivot tables/v-lookups/etc., Word, Internet)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.