NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER, MACY’S
Our client is a well known beauty company looking for smart leaders who are fast and passionate.
In an effort to accelerate our digital ambitions, we seek a National Account Manager to be responsible for best in class account optimization for the US Market. Along with the e-commerce team and its cross-functional partners, this role will provide strategic commercial guidance and execution to deliver Net Revenue Growth and Market Share Gains for our brand portfolio.
The National Account Manager will work with collaborators both internal and external to deliver robust, innovative, on-brand and high-quality launch and activations programs.
Lead the sales and marketing cycle for Luxury portfolio department store dotcom channels, including Macy’s, Dillard’s, Belk, Boscov, and Von Maur. Responsibilities include account management, business development and analysis, brand growth strategy definition for retailer.com channel, marketing program development and execution, P&L and budget management, and one direct report.
This position will report into the Luxury Director of E-Commerce Sales. Key stakeholders include Omnichannel partners, Global Digital, Global and Local Marketing, among others – while also managing the relationship with the commercial counter-part.
The National Account Manager is a well-rounded commercial / digital professional with experience in the e-commerce industry, a background in digital fundamentals and growth tactics to evolve the brands’ presence globally, aligned to the broader strategies and objectives of the business.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Devise and implement best in class integrated account strategy across digital platforms for the retailer.com and pure player accounts together with the Director Retailer.com, Sales and Marketing
• Drive sell-in of new launches and analyze business performance by account on a weekly basis proposing recommendations to drive retail sales and minimize retailers’ markdowns/discounting
• Develop and execute account strategies to increase rank and share within each retailer and market
• Establish strategic partnerships with Divisional Merchandising Managers, Buyers and Planners to secure strong inventory levels, programs, staffing, and space on retailer’s digital shelf
• Define and execute brand growth strategies for the retailer.com channel, translating them into seasonal marketing plans, while unlocking synergies across channels in partnership with the Director Retailer.com, Ecommerce, Sales and Marketing
• Assess performance of marketing campaigns and initiatives, providing recommendations to maximize A&P efficiency based on ROI learning
• Maximize brand exposure and optimize brand boutique on the retailer.com sites, updating content on a seasonal basis and communicating a consistent brand message online; work closely with Creative and Marketing to ensure that creative assets tailored to the .com channel are developed and available on time
• Partner with Business Sales Manager, Marketing, Forecasting and Sales Admin to coordinate forecasting and allocation of marketing tools
• Act as the key point of contact with key accounts, managing and addressing daily requests, working closely with internal cross-functional teams
• Define and manage spend budget as well as account P&L in partnership with the Director’s for Retailer.com, Finance and Sales
• Manage and develop one Account Executive, defining work goals and personal development plan as well as providing ongoing feedback
• Partner with in store counterparts on 360 campaigns driving core business and new product launches
We’d love to see candidates who have:
• 4-6 years’ experience required with at least 3 in an ecommerce role
• Strong account management skills and excellent project management skills together with the ability to work across functional areas (sales, marketing, operations, finance, management, etc)
• Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding communication and presentation skills, ability to work with different cultures, highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to manage budget and analyze sales and P&L
• Candidate preferably brings experience in retail or with a beauty products company
• Experience working with Macy’s