Job descriptionThe Editor performs advanced editing for Newsroom
- Looking for someone with experience in editing news content - whether for print or digital news outlets or magazines
- Editors who previously worked on the editorial side of the content side (that is a print or digital news outlet or magazine).
- Edits and rewrites news releases, stories and other submitted material for style and consistency, checks for grammar, punctuation and spelling, format, makes changes and corrections when necessary.
- In conjunction with Newsroom editors and the director, the Editor updates stories and web pages as appropriate; performs fact checks as directed; collaborates on and keeps track of items to be included with written content such as photos, videos, graphics, notifications, social media posts and other items as assigned. Ideally someone with 5-7 years of experience.
- Work hours is 30-40 hours per week.