Client Overview: Our client is a home company looking to redefine the home textile industry. Their collections include Comforters, Quilts, Bedspreads, Throws, Sheets and more.
This is onsite in NYC 5 days a week.
Role Overview: The Packaging Design Manager will drive their projects while supporting and coaching other designers to make sure the necessary Packaging tasks are being performed accurately and on time. This position requires a willingness to take risks and identify new approaches to improve the company’s position among its competitors.
Packaging Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Works with Director of Merchandising to execute Company vision
- Manages team of packaging designers
- Responsible for overseeing the daily communication with overseas partners to deliver, edit and approve all aspects of packaging
- Responsible for overseeing but also creating, designing and maintaining new labels and internal brands
- Responsible for directing and approving all photo direction for the company’s product
- Responsible for overseeing the conceptualization of specific packaging presentations for customers
- Responsible for understanding the retail landscape via comp shopping for new trends and materials and how they translate to packaging
- Works closely with Sourcing and Merchandising teams to ensure the company’s brands and products are well represented
Packaging Design Manager Qualifications:
- 2+ years of managerial experience required
- Ability to manage multi-task launch projects singlehandedly.
- Strong working knowledge of molding processes, molds, resins decorations and package assembly methods.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office specifically Excel and Pivot table functionalities.
- Full understanding of product development process, launch timelines, manufacturing execution, supplier development process as it pertains to the global imprint of headquarters.
- Attention to detail across all aspects of Packaging role.