Job descriptionPart-Time Social Content Coordinator
Our Sports Entertainment client is seeking a Social Content Coordinator who will work in a hybrid editor/producer role that involves news judgment, copyediting, Photoshop, and video editing skills. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a team environment with a flexible work schedule and an unquenchable thirst for learning. This candidate will report to a Sr. Social Media Specialist or Social Media Manager.
This is part-time, remote, 6 month assignment working Saturdays only (12 AM to 8PM) with flexibility.
Social Content Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Performs a wide variety of tasks to assist in shaping, creating, and distributing social content for sports fans across TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
• Follows client's Social standards of practice including an adherence to news and reporting guidelines
• Generates new ideas for building account engagement and growth
• Supports colleagues to make social content and copy compelling and platform-appropriate material daily
• Regularly uses social data to inform content decisions
• Recognizes that sports happen on nights and weekends and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
• Experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
Social Content Creator Qualifications:
• Required Education - High school diploma or equivalent
• Preferred Education - Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Comm, Media, etc.
• 1+ years’ experience in social media or a closely related field
• Fundamental content creation skills in social media writing, photo editing, and video editing
• Sound knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, events, and programming
• Appreciation for and strong understanding of internet pop culture and the role it plays in sports
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated news judgement
• Experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
• Knowledge and appreciation for college football and rivalries preferred