Our client, a leader in the beauty and Retail space, is looking for a Freelance Project Manager to their team on an 8 month contract basis with potential to extend; onsite position through January 2024.
This role This role will support the Digital Transformation initiative, and works with the Senior Program Manager to support the Guest Services (GS) programs and is responsible for driving coordinated execution to deliver on the org's strategic and financial objectives, and working in partnership with Guest Services leadership, IT and key cross-functional business stakeholders.
The Business Project Manager must demonstrate strong project management and cross-functional leadership capabilities along with a strong track record of successful execution of projects in a retail environment. The ability to influence, advise and manage large number of cross-functional players across levels is critical.
- Manage various Guest Service process change or technology implementation projects from Kickoff to Implementation while contributing to others.
- Support timely communications to project leadership and key stakeholders on overall status and roadmap.
- Assist Guest Services Director with administrative needs such as calendar management, travel planning, and expense reporting.
- Facilitate project meetings w/ stakeholders developing agendas, identifying content, providing detailed summaries and next steps.
- Ensure project milestones are met by tracking action items and deliverables to align with overall timeline and goals.
- Create and maintain project documentation for tactical planning and communication, and high-level presentations for executive-level share-outs.
- Escalate issues and risks, document decisions and identify dependencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in project management and change management, preferably in a beauty and/or a retail environment and ideally.
- 5 Years with Guest Services experience
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to execute highly complex initiatives of significant scope, scale and risk
- Demonstrated knowledge of project, program and change management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Enterprise thinker with ability to ‘connect the dots.
- Results-oriented. Bias for action and execution.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skill
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to share ideas and information across diverse audiences to drive business decisions.
- Ability to synthesize clearly and simplify the complex.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- High level of integrity and good judgment
- Expertise and experience with Microsoft Office, Smartsheet and Jira/Confluence.