Project Manager, R&D Capacity:
Full-Time Location: Remote – USA
Our client a cutting edge and next generation agency that specializes in the virtual reality and other emerging platforms is looking for a strong Project Manager, with amazing experience in the school of Project Management. The team is looking for an extremely hardworking candidate who is eager to manage for the future! This is an absolutely unique opportunity to work for an incredibly exciting, well-funded, start up.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- We are looking for a self-driven, highly efficient, and empathetic project management professional that embraces ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You will play an instrumental role in one of our upcoming brand experiences on Roblox, from development to launch, acting as the conduit between the development team and the partner.
- You are an exceptional multitasker, passionate about making sure the development team has the clarity, resources and information needed to excel.
- You will partner with functional leads in engineering, art, design, product, and finance, making sure scheduling and resource allocation accurately reflect the product roadmap and business objectives.
- You will own the relationship with project managers from the partner side, guaranteeing that the representation of their brand or IP meets their expectation, and that feedback is being shared and deployed effectively.
- We are looking for a process-oriented, highly organized, and adaptive team player who has the right experience and the skill set to match, as well as innate curiosity, desire to learn and truly enjoys serving as an operator with the team in the trenches. You passion is to set teams for success and help them to execute at the highest level.
YOU’LL ENJOY THIS ROLE IF YOU CAN…
- Manage the day-to-day product roadmap, create, and meet targets on timeline, overseeing production scheduling.
- Create and manage a well-organized team tasking framework, guaranteeing all areas have clarity on their deliverables, timing, priorities and are fully integrated in the development process without compromising team’s morale and well-being.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of project resources to ensure that project tasks are completed on time, within scope, and at the right level of quality.
- Oversee development progress, and ensure a smooth workflow, communicating schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks, and blockers clearly and effectively.
- Own the deployment of the Game Design Document, working closely with Sr. Engineer and Game Designer in prioritization and supporting teams in executing upon the agreed features Act as conduit between external business partners (brands, IP owners) and the project’s team members, ensuring all requirements are documented, implemented, tested, and approved.
- Must Have Minimum of 2+ years as Project Manager and/or an Associate Producer Worked on a full project life cycle involving multiple disciplines, with emphasis on R&D Proven experience working with multi-functional teams, including external partners Experience in relationship building, from internal to external partners
- Effective Communication: You communicate frequently, directly, and clearly. You are great at giving feedback and receiving feedback.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: ability to operate in ambiguity and roll up your sleeves Nice to Have Solid understanding of Agile methodologies for game development Proven track record developing and shipping video gaming
- Familiarity with the Roblox platform Experience working with a distributed / remote team Experience with LiveOps