Job descriptionThe Public Relations Coordinator will primarily be responsible for overall departmental procedural and organizational tasks and support the PR team by overseeing the timely completion and implementation of the team’s activities and deadlines. Further responsibilities will include travel logistics and coordination for media and team members, procurement and event logistics and support where necessary.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, excellent judgement, diplomacy, organization skills and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be flexible, proactive, resourceful, and able to multi-task and work independently with little or no supervision. This role is at the core of the team – representing a unique opportunity to gain experience and support large-scale projects and initiatives.
This position reports to the VP, Public Relations and works closely with other members of the Public Relations team. The PR team is responsible for lifestyle, product, technology, motorsport, brand heritage, business, and corporate communications, media relations across all genres, and crisis communications.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required – preferably in Office Management, Journalism or Public Relations.
• Proficiency in German or Spanish is desirable, but not required.
• Five years or more of experience as an administrative assistant with executive support and schedule management in a corporate or agency environment.
• Expert level verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Extensive experience in coordinating travel arrangements and organizing complex events and visits.
• Strong interpersonal skills – flexible, energetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, highly motivated. Strong team player who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Self-starter and very strong multi-tasker. Enjoys working in a lean organization with flat hierarchies.
• Is ethical in all his/her dealings. Understands the importance of integrity and compliance.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Additionally, familiarization with Zycus and Concur is preferred.
• Willingness to travel (up to 40%) domestically and internationally and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
• Will prioritize all activities, based on value-add to the organization and internal metrics.
• Command of procurement policies and processes.
• Position is limited to a 40 hour/week structure, with limited potential for overtime due to travel or increased workload.
• Assist the PR team with organization and prioritization of project tasks and assignments, ensuring timely and successful completion and communication between all involved team members. Individual responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: executive approval, project management, travel arrangements, event logistics, calendar assistance/scheduling, project coordination, vendor management.
• Liaise with various local and global internal departments, external vendors and hosted guests to coordinate event logistics.
• Manage overall calendar and tracking of each team member’s projects and assignments, with regular check-ins and follow-ups where necessary
• Proper documentation per audit retention guidelines.
• Assist PR team members by coordinating day-to-day meetings as well as long-term projects and initiatives
• Support budget management where necessary.
• Support Procurement tasks for the Public Relations department. This includes tracking and organizing purchase requests, purchase orders, RFAs, RFPs, sole sources, triple bids, legal supporting back-up, contract terms and routing approvals per audit retention guidelines.
• Ensures compliance with IT protocols, including proper retention of electronic documents, business confidential information, and competitive information in both electronic and non-electronic formats.
• Carry out other tasks and assignments as deemed necessary by Vice-President Public Relations