Job descriptionThe Quality Manager will develop, implement, and periodically evaluate a program to ensure the organizations production operations, from raw material to finished product, meet the quality, integrity, and efficiency standards set by the organization.
• Color Approval Process. Manage the color approval process fabric dye lots and established shade band approval visually using MC Beth light box and the SPECTROPHOTOMETER for color analysis to the approved standards
• Reliability testing Laboratory. Direct efforts of the quality testing process. Test fabric, trim, and garments to ensure that novelty trim and fabrics will be tested and will meet quality requirements using worldwide testing laboratories (SGS), using American Standard Testing Methods (ASTM) and American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC).
• Finished product Quality.
- Review Quality audit and product evaluations across international vendor base by conducting fabric inspection, spreading, cutting, in line Inspection, garment sewing, garment washing (Teflon coating, permanent press, wrinkle free, denim stone / enzyme washing, sanding …. etc.) & perform Vendor Compliance as required. Trouble shoots and resolves Production and Quality issues by identifying problems and come up with solutions.
• Customer Support. Assist in Client Service and Sales Team on end-users’ technical questions. (i.e., packaging, quality, product care Instructions, fit, …. etc.).
• Distribution support. Review receiving Quality Audits and Quality inspections / vendor compliance issues.
• Product development. Active participation in the development process of fabric, trim & garment. Work with designers and merchandising on developing & sourcing fabrics trim.
o Garments wash developments and approval process.
o Lab dip and print strike off development and approval process.
o Industrial Laundry development and approval process.
- 5+ years leading a quality function in the apparel industry
- Familiarity with offshore manufacturing
- Experience with apparel product development process, fabric testing; Functional understanding of SGS, ASTM, AATC standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Currently living in or willing to relocate to Los Angeles area.