Job descriptionRaw Material Production Associate
Client Overview: Our client is a women’s ready-to-wear and accessories collection that reimagines classic American sportswear for the twenty-first century.
Position Overview: As the Production Raw Material Associate, you will be responsible for managing the planning (projections) and purchasing of all raw materials that includes, woven, knits, denim, yarn, trims and packaging materials.
Raw Material Production Associate Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Product team and Supply Chain team on all the existing raw materials and create a booking calendar for all seasonal and carry over raw materials and trims.
• Co-management of all production raw material POs to the suppliers, both after projections and final units.
• Track the raw material delivery schedule from the booking stage to the final delivery to the manufacturing vendors.
• Weekly T&A management to ensure on time deliveries of raw material, including communication with mills and vendors.
• Manage the production cost in RLM for raw materials.
• In collaboration with Product and Supply Chain, negotiate and improve the raw material costs.
• Review of quality control, inspection reports and bulk garments raw material QA.
• Works closely with Product and Design team to ensure on-time bulk approvals.
• Manage raw material inventory.
Raw Material Production Associate Qualifications:
• Working with Italian mills is a plus.
• RLM System knowledge is a strong plus.
• Detail-oriented and strong follow-up skills.
• Experience working with overseas and domestic vendors.
• Product management and strong material knowledge in wovens, knitwear & trims.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fashion/luxury company.
• Prior experience in woven & knitwear (at least 2-3 years) is required.
• Strong negotiation skills and proactive problem-solver with can-do attitude.
• Ability to work independently to deliver results.
• Must know the Go to Market fashion calendar.
• Knowledge in global sourcing, managing time and actions, and knowing the product cycle from development to PO fulfillment.
• Excellent level in MS Excel.
• Excellent communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
• Excellent spirit of collaboration with other departments.