Job descriptionReebok is looking to bring on an Associate Retail Buyer with the following key accountabilities :
• Drive seasonal strategy for area of responsibility and create best in class channel relevant assortments specific to our consumer and on trend that drive top line sales and profitability to achieve targets.
• Build and leverage relationships with cross-functional teams (i.e. buying, planning, marketing and distribution) and our Global and BU partners to obtain information necessary to create and execute merchandising strategies
• Identify and develop sales, marketing and promotional opportunities at the category, concept, collection and article level to maximize sales for both pre-season and in season for all tiers and regions.
• Manage receipts and markdowns against open-to-buy targets to optimize on-floor presentations and inventory turn. Drive changes with planning partners to maximize key performance indicators (KPI’s)
• Analyze seasonal assortment of products, use the data to create strategy for future seasons, and recommend courses of action with cross functional team
• Present complete seasonal strategy with Planning, validating assortment choices, financial roll up, marketing and promotional direction
• Drive space planning and capacity management of floor space for upcoming assortments
• Partner with Visual Merchandising Manager to merchandise assortments and buys within the stores to ensure the store has clear communication of the vision of the buy and their flow of product.
• Responsible for weekly product decisions that react to the consume trends including chasing of product, markdown decisions and presenting these recommendations at the trading meetings.
• Maximizing moments and commercial retail events by offering compelling localized product for our consumer.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to identify and quantify sales opportunities and market trends
• Excellent analytical skills and a thorough understanding of retail math
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to understand and translate financial data to make recommendations and decisions
• Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
• Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions
• Ability to delivery effective and persuasive presentations that support business decisions
• Ability to influence decisions and outcomes cross functionally
• Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills
• Experience with, and a thorough understanding of, managing and influencing Open to Buy metrics
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and working with systems/application
• Advanced Excel skills
• Travel required domestically and internationally up to 10% of time
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience):
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
• A minimum two years of related experience.