Retail Planner Roles and Responsibilites:
- In season trading to ensure that all categories are performing at optimum levels, re-forecasting sales using WSSI’s, constantly monitoring intake, OTB position, & terminal stocks across the department
- To work with Head of Merchandising & Buying to ensure there is a balanced range for all platforms (Stores, and E-Commerce) in line with trend predictions and budget requirements
- Identifying commercial repeats in season.
- Driving lessons learned, Season Analysis and strategy meetings prior to pre-season planning.
- Formulation and compilation of Period review reports for use in Board pack.
- Presenting at weekly Monday trading and best sellers meetings.
- To do the buy and set up buying schedules to meet delivery requirements for all parts of the business
- To keep abreast of trends and opportunities in the marketplace.
- To guard the margin without compromising the quality of the product.
- To identify key strategic improvements within fits to improve critical path.
- Management of team and coaching. Completion of team reviews twice yearly.
- Liaising with VM and Retail teams to ensure B&M strategy is translated into stores
- Planning areas at top line across sales, options, md, terminal and recodes which will be signed off by Head of Buying & Merchandising
- Agreeing a balanced range and ensuring all stores in each grading have a strong offer.
- Managing the spend effectively, planning quantities, width vs depth of buy, ranging and planned FP sell through.
- Liaise with Retail District Manager Visual Merchandising Team, Finance Team, Logistics, and Allocators
- Work with wholesale to help meet company objectives, negotiating stock transfers during peak trading times.
- Oversee the critical paths, and checking all orders are being fulfilled as quickly as possible, and any lateness is penalized within reason.
- Visit stores as much possible to understand the customer, product, VM stories. Improve relationships with key retail people. Action any feedback and help to profile stores when planning grading at the beginning of the season.
- Working with the VM team to ensure all key messages are relayed in the correct way in store.
Retail Planner Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 4+ years experience in retail Planning
- Digital Merchandising experience a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate brand strategy and vision across all levels of an organization
- Must be a strategic thinker, flexible, decisive, detail oriented and capable of identifying and adapting to changing trends and challenges.