The Sales Analyst position requires a highly motivated, hardworking analytics professional with very strong experience driving sales of Consumer-Packaged Goods (“CPG”) through Food, Drug and Mass (“FDM”), Specialty Stores and E-commerce channels. This individual will help drive the substantial sales growth and profit opportunity.
Sales Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
• Analyzing retailer specific and syndicated POS data to derive insights and translate them into action plans across all Retailers to identify key opportunities to help drive future strategies.
• Work in partnership with VP of Sales, external retail broker partners and internal demand planning teams to develop consensus POS and Shipment forecasts with the goal to increase forecasting accuracy, reducing inventory, and minimize OTIF fines
• Preparing retailer specific analysis and reporting of POS and shipments for internal management reviews
• Assist in refining current reporting models and analyses, as well as put in place new reports and analytical tools to help bring the business to the next level of success in the marketplace.
• Facilitate the fact-based selling process by creating a narrative for the business cases based on facts and data
• Conduct weekly and monthly POS, shipments analysis to provide insights on historical trends by product line and retailer down to the SKU level.
• Utilize customer POS, Loyalty and other data sources (i.e. IRI, Mintel, etc) to deliver consolidated sales reporting and promotional analysis, as well as provide recommendations to improve performance and identify business opportunities for new product launches.
• Partner with VP of Sales to build sell-in stories, evaluate the current state of the business and create decks for line reviews/retailer statuses.
• Develop business models that support the assessment and ROI of potential in-store sales programs and retail marketing opportunities to drive profitable sales growth.
• Analyze product pricing and costing scenarios for customer specific current and new business opportunities.
• This role will own oversight of pulling the data and will interpret it in a presentation-ready manner.
Financial and Operational Reporting
Sales Analyst Key Qualifications:
• A highly analytical background along with a desire to win are attributes needed for our candidate to succeed in this role
• The ideal candidate will have experience as a Retail Sales Analyst and/or have experience pulling and manipulating syndicated data. This individual should have a command of all financial aspects of retailer POS, retailer shipments, retailer demand planning, retailer inventory management, retail spending, pricing and product costs.
• Minimum 3 years related experience: demonstrating knowledge of customer, data, systems and ability to analyze info and trends to make recommendations required
• You’re a storyteller: The position will require timely communication and in-depth analytical support focused on business solutions.
• Experience with Syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI),
• Reporting and managing professional presentations are necessary for the role, but the ideal candidate will also have the ability to effectively communicate that idea or story
• Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel & PowerPoint proficiency required