Job descriptionSample Coordinator/Data Entry
This position is a freelance contract onsite Mon - Fri in Torrance CA.
Pay: $23 - $25/hr dependent on experience.
The Sample Coordinator is responsible for sample management of each seasonal product lines-from sample ordering, tracking, and distributing internally and externally to brand partners. In this role, the sample coordinator assists the PD and Production teams, in addition to providing sample support for Sales, Design & Merchandising, Marketing, and eCom teams.
Essential Job Functions
• Manage all seasonal sample requests from sales, design, marketing and eCom, including the requests from showroom partners and distributors.
• Order all samples for each seasonal product lines with vendors, and track shipments to ensure samples are received in a timely manner for key milestone reviews.
• Assist PD with system data entry to be ready for SRS ordering.
• Communicate with warehouse and sales reps regarding orders timeline and provide tracking information.
• Provide sample updates to cross-function partners as needed.
• Organize and help provide sample setup for key product milestone meetings.
• Ensure seasonal sample lines are distributed out to key partners in time for markets and tradeshows.
• Maintain sample discrepancy log for each season to inform partners of any garment changes that will occur in production not represented in sample.
• Tag all SRS with disclaimer tags prior to send out to identify anything on samples that is incorrect or will be changed in production.
• Support and pull samples needed for marketing and eCom photoshoots.
• Provide assistance to PD and Production partners with PPS (pre-production samples), TOPS (top of production samples), and emailing Purchase Orders.
• Organize and manage sample inventory in home office and storage center.
• Support cross-functional teams on any ad-hoc sample requests or pulls.
• Assist in sample sale events.
• Sample Organization: Hang samples as they are passed from marketing, design, PD, production, sales. Coordinate racks to include SRS, PPS, TOP. Box and store past seasons, arrange storage with warehouse and or sample sale if needed
• Maintain shipping log and manage inbound packages, about 15 per week, log + tag every sample or submit and pass to proper team members
• SRS PO issuance and maintenance
• Organize fabric + trim sourcing submits in master library
• Assist design with seasonal pantone orders
• Office supply ordering and general office organization
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be able to lift heavy boxes. (20lbs)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to maintain good working relations with own team and other departments.
• Ability to make decisions confidently.
• Excellent project and time management skills and ability to balance multiple tasks.
• Experienced with Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to identify and improve processes.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Very organized
• Experience in Fashion industry a plus