Job description24 Seven is partnering with one of our footwear and apparel brand clients to find them a Senior Costing Analyst to join their team for this full-time salaried position with bonus, great benefits and exceptional work/life balance. Brief details are below.
This is an exciting position that will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model on the Central California Coast. Relocation will be provided if not in the area already.
The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years of product costing experience in footwear.
The Sr. Costing Analyst reports to the Sr. Costing Manager and is responsible for managing product costing for assigned brands. The position assists the Product Development team in cost engineering and potential cost savings to achieve brand financial plan target.
The Senior Analyst provides cost analysis in support of brand product margin requirements. The position collaborates closely with cross-functional partners including Product Development, Merchandising and Planning to meet seasonal deliverables.
- The primary functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Build seasonal Material Segmentation Report as guidance for Design and Development based on brand Merchandising Financial Plan target.
- Assist the product creation team by running costing exercises and margin scenarios. Provide cost saving suggestions to support Product Development for margin improvement.
- Provide analysis of retail price, FOB price and landed cost to brand, giving insights on seasonal cost changes.
- Work with Asia partners on tooling amortization.
- Collaborate with Asia Costing to resolve margin challenges.
- Build seasonal Sourcing Matrix report to facilitate sourcing decisions.
- Manage monthly buy report to ensure product is purchasable.
- Review and process Quarterly Ledger Summary.
- Provide ledger cost data analysis to Customs Consultant for custom return.
- Work closely with Product Development and Asia Costing team to meet CP deadlines.
- Identify process improvement opportunities through effective use of systems, reporting and audits.
- Share knowledge and train cross functional partners as needed.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems (FLEX or other)
- knowledge of footwear construction preferred and manufacturing
- Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivated, focused on meeting deadlines
- General knowledge of financial and pricing models, and ability to think through and problem solve
- Effective communicator and team player with ability to work closely with cross functional areas
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- We’d love to hear from people with
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with an emphasis on financial or business analysis
- 3-4 years of product costing experience in footwear
- 3-5 years industry experience