Job descriptionSenior Manager Softlines Licensing & Business Development
Our client is looking for a Senior Manager of Softlines Licensing and Business Development for US and Canada is responsible for managing the softlines category and the associated product sub- categories and licensees with the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives. Candidate will evaluate and identify gaps and/or new opportunities to delivery incremental sustainable revenue volume. Candidate will also provide business vision and leadership and works collaboratively with retail sales and other divisions within the the client's organization to deliver common franchise and financial goals.
This position is temp to hire, 40 hrs/a week hybrid schedule in Chatsworth, CA.
• Category and retail management:
• Strategize and develop new business opportunities. Analyze account business performance and develop growth objectives that are aligned with client's initiatives.
• Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, opportunities, threats, and dynamics.
• Develop and implement product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure that sales are maximized, and marketing objectives met.
• Lead the selection, contract negotiation, and day to day relationships with the top licensees, and ensure appropriate team management of the remaining licensees.
• Consult with Sales Trade Marketing team to define account promotional and marketing plans and ensure licensee participation (Top 10 licensees)
• Develop strong relationships with key retailers to maximize commercial and brand opportunities.
• Responsible for specialty apparel retail sales in additional to alt account opportunities for apparel.
• Development of e-Commerce Strategy to drive DTC and on-line presence on major fashion sites with lead ecommerce licensees.
• Define and plan product development for retailer exclusive products.
• Set-up line review with licensees and Product Development team.
• Ensures licensee product lines reflect quality and brand/property objectives.
• Collaborate with PD and Licensees to develop timeline schedule for key initiatives at retail
• Finance and Business Planning:
• Review quarterly performance and devise tactical plans to advance financial performance.
• Bachelor's degree, +7 yrs. of Softlines experience
• Drive for results
• Independent and owner operator
• Relationship builder
• Excellent communication & presentation skills
• Trail blazer
• Excellent sales/negotiation skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of licensees' production and creative capabilities/limitations
• Ability to drive a vision with commercial results
• Ability to lead change