Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a large commercial construction company based in Portland, OR to help them find a Senior Marketing Specialist to join their team for this a full-time position!
Who we are looking for:
You’re a creative professional with a desire to drive pursuits forward alongside a dynamic Marketing team. You are eager for your innovative ideas and sharp talent to be put to use daily as a key member of an impactful, collaborative team, reporting to our Marketing Manager. This position is an exciting opportunity to apply your proposal writing skills, passion for quality marketing collateral, and natural drive to hit deadlines every time.
As our Senior Marketing Specialist, you will serve as Marketing lead for new business pursuits with a focus on writing, layout and management of written proposals and preparing team interview presentations. You’ll also build content to promote the brand internally and externally, contributing to social media posts, award submittals and blogs. We will provide you with support, encouragement, and feedback along the way!
To be most successful, you should be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. A successful Senior Marketing Specialist will balance deadlines and priorities while maintaining a solution-oriented attitude.
- Writing and editing proposal content.
- Proposal layout using InDesign, in consult with marketing specialist for brand continuity.
- Leading pursuit kick-off meetings, establishing content assignments and deadlines and synthesizing content from multiple contributors.
- Creating collateral, coordinating practice sessions, and advocating for the win strategy in support of team interview presentations.
- Performing pursuit close-out, including proposal deconstruction, internal debriefs and reviewing competitor proposals.
- Partnering with marketing and project team members to create stories about projects, people and culture for internal and external audiences.
- Creating posts for social media channels.
- Writing press releases.
- Leading and ghost-writing or editing blogs for the website.
- Leading and co-writing award nominations.
- Creating stories for internal newsletter and intranet.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications
- Proven experience in Marketing or Communications
- Experience working with an Architect, Engineer, or Construction firm strongly preferred
- Ability to command a meeting with cross-disciplinary teams and tenured executives.
- Relationship-focus: Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative approach.
- Divide and conquer, “no job is too big or too small” mentality
- Proficiency in InDesign and PowerPoint
- Visual communication and layout skills
- Strong project management ability, including coordination with internal clients and results-orientation with attention to detail