Job descriptionA known fashion brand is looking for a Senior Material Designer to join their team!
• Creatively explore product-to-market material designs that bring the brands material vision to life.
• Design timely seasonal material newness within the Footwear Material Workstream.
• Create material narratives and business strategies across seasonal product rollouts.
• Be a key voice for material design to the cross-functional team.
• Create technical Material Maps and supporting documents for Collection material design projects.
• Deliver/present Material Map handovers to the cross-functional team.
• Proactively lead and communicate project updates across both existing and new
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Highly skilled in creating foam, rubber, and various footwear polymer innovations.
• Holistic understanding across knit, woven, and non-woven material methods of make.
• Strong knowledge of sustainable footwear materials.
• In-depth understanding of the in-line product creation process.
• Strong knowledge and use of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Strong presentation and communication skills – digital and physical
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• 6 - 8 years of relevant work experience in footwear design, fashion design, material
sciences/engineering, or similar design related areas.
• 4 year college or university degree in textile design, textile engineering, material science, footwear design, apparel design, and industrial design.
• Thorough knowledge of art, design, and fashion related subject areas. Contemporary and Historical.