Job descriptionJob Title: Manager, Site Merchandising & Planning
(PLEASE NOTE: role is located in Westlake Village)
Description: The Site Merchandising and Planning Manager (eMerchant) is responsible for developing and optimizing our digital channel product amplification strategy. The position is also responsible for leading the digital planning and execution of our campaigns across a variety of channels while working closely with cross-functional team members to develop and implement strategies that align with our overall business goals.
- Develop and execute merchandising strategies to optimize online and offline sales and drive revenue growth
- Manage all aspects of website merchandising, including product positioning, findability, product personalization, and product marketing. - Engineer product collections and promotional strategies to achieve sales and margin goals.
- Work closely with product merchants to develop product launch plans and promotions
- Analyze product financials and website performance data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement
- Manage website content, ensuring that product information and marketing messages are accurate
- Monitor competitor websites and stay up to date on industry trends and best practices
-Collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling content and promotions that drive traffic and sales
- Work closely with the IT team to ensure that website functionality is optimized for the user experience
- Maintain a deep understanding of our customers and their needs, and use this knowledge to inform merchandising decisions
- Develop and implement digital activations that align with our business goals.
Activations include but are not limited to: Promotional events, Customer Journey Development, Contact Center, Email, Personalization, Private Label Credit Card, Warranties, Affiliates, Site Content, and Services.
- Work closely with product merchants to understand their needs and objectives and provide recommendations and solutions accordingly
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure campaigns are executed effectively and efficiently
- Manage and lead a team of site merchandising/planning analysts to ensure campaign success
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance data to optimize strategies and drive results
- Stay up to date with the competition, industry trends, and best practices to ensure we are always ahead of the curve
- Create and present reports on campaign performance to cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field. MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in website merchandising, e-commerce, or related field
- Proven track record of developing successful digital marketing campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data and make data-driven business decisions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing people and providing direction and support to team members.
- Experience with website merchandising tools and technologies
- High proficiency with Excel, including expertise with Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, and advanced formulas.
- Strong proficiency with digital platforms and technologies such as Tableau and Adobe Experience Cloud.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices and SEO
- Strong understanding of website usability and user experience best practices - Musical Instruments knowledge and/or (MI) Industry (retail, call center, MI Manufacturer/Supplier etc.) experience a plus.
- Product Merchant background a plus.
Ownership: Possess a high degree of business/financial acumen and the keen sense of accountability and responsibility required for success. Ability to run a business. People Leadership: Ability to manage, inspire, and hold accountable a team of skilled professionals.
Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
Customer Focus: Able to understand and focus on the customer experience when designing services and processes. Acts with customer in mind, keeping focus on meeting expectations and requirements of all customers I
Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive action without being requested to do so. Driven to create appropriate solutions in alignment with top line customer requirements and department business goals.
Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means with diverse individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.