Job descriptionOur client, a top Toy Company, is looking for a Sr Corporate Communications Associate to join their team. This will be a hybrid schedule to their South Bay office and start in the new year!
CORPORATE COMMS TEAM PURPOSE: To build and protect corporate reputation by creating and enhancing connections, stories and moments that exemplify the best of Mattel, its brands, and its people.
- The Sr. Corporate Communications Associate is a vital new role, reporting into the Manager, Corporate Communications who oversees the internal communications strategy. This highly collaborative role will work closely with corporate, HR and brand communications colleagues in the U.S. and internationally, as well as senior company executives, to help execute internally the strategy to grow IP-driven toy business. Responsibilities include execution on internal intranet platform, strategic and tactical communications support via internal channels, as well as execution across internal events including Global Town Hall, speaker series, fireside chats, daily news distribution and various internal activations globally. Beyond communicating business results, goals and priorities to the global workforce, a key priority for this role will be telling the story of global corporate citizenship, commitment to diversity and inclusion, sustainability and corporate philanthropy. The individual will monitor, update, and enforce governance for our intranet, guidelines and standards for content, draft executive communications and assist in other written materials for various teams for publishing on the platform. This is a unique opportunity to work with various teams and to support the global employee culture. As this is a dynamic platform, this role is responsible for leading on-boarding of new sites, setting up new site managers, content managers, and new sites with appropriate permissions and configurations. This role will manage the visual branding standards, monitor user-generated content for appropriateness, site analytics and report on key performance indicators, support and manage a network of site owners/site managers. The individual will work cross-functionally with our Global Technology Organization to implement regular platform upgrades, submit support tickets, and address platform issues. The individual should be passionate about encouraging membership, adoption, and engagement, monitoring the community, and maintaining best practice materials about using the community for various use cases. This company is a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and the successful candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to regularly prioritize work across multiple projects to successfully meet team and business deliverables. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, have excellent written and verbal communications skills and a proven record of accomplishment in developing internal communications programs. The individual will be a critical part of the corporate communications team.
- Support with executing internal campaigns and plans that express and articulate Mattel’s mission, purpose, strategy and brand.
- Develop, organize, and execute upon internal communications assets covering a broad range of communication outputs, including talking points, scripts, videos, digital screens, presentations, Q&As, briefing documents and fact sheets.
- Assist with execution across internal events including Global Town Hall, speaker series, fireside chats, daily news distribution and various internal activations globally.
- Develop relationships with multiple internal stakeholders at various levels, most notably Global Technology Organization (GTO).
- Monitor, update, and enforce governance for our employee intranet, including supporting site owners/site managers in keeping with guidelines, visual branding, and standards for internal content
- Support the Comms Manager, a network of site managers, and GTO with intranet enablement trainings, implementing regular platform upgrades, submitting support tickets, addressing platform issues, and reporting site analytics
- Assist in the development, formatting, and organizing of written and visual materials for various teams for publishing on the intranet and other internal channels.
- Support the Comms Manager with the creation and execution of yearly internal communications calendar of activities and announcements for implementation in person and across online portals.
- Support with tactical formatting, drafting, and editing of internal communications in keeping with the communications style, culture, tone and preferences of executives and stakeholders.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in internal communications or in an intranet management role.
- Must have experience with content strategy.
- Must be a strong writer and storyteller.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ideal candidate can juggle various responsibilities and work with a wide variety of teams across the organization.
- Must be comfortable working in both a team environment and as an individual contributor.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle large volumes within tight deadlines and have proven time-management skills while still producing excellent quality of work.
- Must have a pro-active and solution-oriented mindset; the individual must be able to work independently and cross-functionally to problem solve, trouble-shoot and provide technical platform support.
- Ideal candidate has a proven track record of exemplifying leadership qualities of collaboration, innovation, and execution.
Hourly Rate: up to $45hr
Location: Hybrid 2 days a week to El Segundo