Job descriptionAbout The Role
The Social Media Strategist will be responsible for developing and executing a social media strategy for the brand that builds the brand's presence across all relevant platforms and drives engagement. The ideal candidate can multitask, pivot, and stay organized in a fast-paced environment. This role will work closely with the marketing/ecommerce team to consistently deliver on the brand's messaging on various social media channels while creating engaging content strategies that continue to build brand awareness and loyalty with our customers.
• Keeping the company's growth, brand, and marketing goals as the north star, develop and drive integrated social marketing strategies and tactical plans.
• Create diverse, platform-specific strategies of impactful, effective messaging tailored to reach each unique multi-channel audience while ensuring they are anchored by the core voice of our brand.
• Partner with our data insights, paid digital agency, and creative resources to drive informed, cohesive, and targeted social strategies across all social channels
• Develop a roadmap for the brand's social media channel diversification strategy and stay at the forefront of innovation in the social space.
• Develop targeted launch strategies for new social media channels in accordance with the company's growth, brand, and overall marketing goals, and own the successful execution of these launches; proactively partner with management to gain consensus and plan for adequate resources to allow for successful delivery.
• Develop and oversee a strategic social content calendar and publishing workflow (both paid and organic) for all social platforms; facilitate buy-in and signoffs from management and stakeholders.
• Continue to develop our ever-growing social community, building brand advocacy across all channels and cultivating the brand's relationship with our audience.
• Partner with Brand Marketing Manager to build brand awareness, increase product placements, and drive conversion with relevant, on-brand influencers and brand partners.
• Compile and present reporting, highlighting the performance of social content and campaigns, audience growth, and partnerships (and their sales attribution) for management.
• Continuously analyze channel performance and our follower segments' engagement patterns to provide actionable insights on the effectiveness of various strategies for different categories and channels.
• Stay up to date on the ever-evolving platforms and social commerce strategies; identify and keep management informed of macro trends in the global social landscape to position the brand for international expansion in the near future.
• A creative and passionate person who thrives in a fast-paced environment and stays on the pulse of social media trends.
• A social media wizard with extensive knowledge of social media platforms and the content required to grow on each channel, in addition to an understanding of the influencer process.
• A dynamic, driven, and agile person with a propensity to take action. You are known for rolling up your sleeves and jumping in one minute and then shifting gears to start strategizing the next.
• A collaborative and motivated person who is always looking to be proactive vs. reactive and who works well within a marketing team structure.
• Ability to thoughtfully develop launch plans for new social media channels as well as pivot plans on existing channels to improve engagement and growth.
• Ability to take developed strategies and provide detailed direction that will instruct and guide team members during the content creation process.
• An organized individual who views social media as one of the most important forms of communication between brand and consumer.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to pivot into brand voice.
Location: Mandatory 2 days a week in NYC office; will likely turn to 3 days later this year
Reporting To: VP of Marketing and E-Commerce and ultimately to President