Job description24 Seven is partnering with a global sports apparel company to help them find a Sr. Assortment Planner to join their team. This is a 10-month contract with a potential to extend or convert to full-time if it's a good fit with the team. This person will need to be onsite 3-days a week in Beaverton, OR.
Top 3 Skills:
- Retail planning
- Excel proficiency
- Cross-functional communication
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR? We’re looking for an Assortment Planning professional that will focus on Direct business in North America. This role will deliver assortment plans in collaboration with key cross-functional, geo and territory partners. The candidate needs to have strong retail acumen and experience, as well as leadership and influencing skills.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON? If this is you, you’ll be working with DSM, Merchandising and Analytics, forecasting style-color level consumer demand and inventory for products to maximize revenue, margin and optimize inventory. You will drive accuracy and operational excellence for the business through attention to detail, cross-functional coordination, and communication. Understand product, marketplace, member/membership, insights and marketing strategies to advise consumer demand and inventory forecasts. Cultivate an end-to-end process improvement attitude to optimize ways of working. You will use analytics, technology, data and cross-functional input to develop long-range product-based retail sales and inventory investment forecasts to advise merchandising, finance, marketing and Supply & Inventory Planning in partnership with the North America Consumer Assortment Planning Team. You will develop assortment frameworks to inform Consumer Choice and Slot Planning options for North America Merchandising on assortment creation.
- Bachelor's degree in Merchandising, Business or related subject area.
- 5 years' retail experience in merchandise planning, company planning, merchandising, allocations or operations.
- 2 years additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Proven track record in retail, assortment and/or merchandising planning, inclusive of scenario planning across revenue, margin and inventory.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence others; efficiently communicate complex and/or sensitive topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience; experience working with highly diverse international team preferred.
- Solid understanding of cross team calibration; international experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math; ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred.
- Experience working across multiple business platforms, including owned and partner businesses.
- Familiarity with merchandise and forecasting management systems.
- PC literate with proven understanding of Excel (formula fluency, experience with pivot tables & data management).
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources.