Job descriptionOur client is a leading baby and toddler CPG company seeking a strong Sr. Director of Marketing. This position is located in LA and not a remote job, so you must live here now!
We are looking for a strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial marketing leader. Reporting to the VP of Global Marketing, the Senior Director of Marketing will lead a team of marketers to execute marketing programs and drive overall growth and success through strategic planning. This person will take on a variety of responsibilities and play a leadership role on a small team in a fast-paced, high-growth organization. Specific responsibilities include new product launches, promotional programs, channel development, competitive analysis, and vendor management.
- Manage the business as an owner by developing the marketing strategy to increase market share, drive top-line revenue growth and add shareholder value
- Drive strategy and long-term planning across a portfolio of products
- Lead new product launches from conception through execution (pricing, positioning, packaging, etc.), in both new and existing categories
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans, including developing innovative campaign concepts, media planning, online direct marketing, trade programs, etc.
- Present with confidence to both internal and external customers. Play a lead role in retail sell-in presentations
- Manage marketing team and provide coaching, development and strategic direction
- Have a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and be acutely aware of new product launches, changes in competition, and anticipate market shifts. This is especially true of ecommerce and specifically Amazon
- Understand consumer behavior and drivers by conducting informal market research, reading online consumer reviews, and monitoring feedback on product categories in social media
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to executive management
- Develop and manage marketing operating budget
- Minimum of 10 years marketing experience, consumer packaged goods industry experience highly preferred
- Experienced business and brand builder with a proven track record of leading multi-functional teams to grow sales, market share and profit
- Must be creative, resourceful, and decisive with strong problem-solving and team/consensus building skills, able to manage multiple projects, meet/exceed deadlines and expectations, and adjust quickly and effectively to change
- Clear and consistent communicator that is able to influence at both the peer and senior level
- Experience launching products, leading cross-functional teams, setting strategic category direction, and running digital marketing campaigns, with strong organizational analytical and writing skills
- Undergraduate university degree, MBA degree preferred