Job descriptionOur client, a growing menswear brand, is looking for a Sr. Merchandiser Manager (or Director level for the right candidate!) to join their growing team.
The role is onsite Tuesday's and Thursday's in La Jolla, CA (San Diego County)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We're a clothing company on the outside with the heart of a high-growth, tech startup. We take pride in doing the right thing by sourcing sustainable fabrics, not using single-use plastics, and each tee we sell helps clean up the ocean. Our mission is to empower guys to look and feel their best so they can explore, conquer, and LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST. But we don't just say that, we live that promise to both our customers and employees alike. Here are just some of the ways we show our employees we care:
Discounts on our awesome tees
Birthday and anniversary celebrations
Benefits with 401(k) match
And of course, office snacks!
Who you are:
You're a seasoned professional in apparel and understand that Data. Drives. Every. Decision. You will strategically partner with the Sr. Product Development Manager to ensure that we have best in class seasonal strategies and collectively achieve our profitability goals. You understand that in a start-up things can change very quickly or not at all, that's OK- you can roll with the punches.
What'll my day look like?
- Manage the whole product cycle across multiple categories from seasonal initiatives, final go-to-market strategy through retirement
- Gather and analyze data using surveys and focus groups to recommend solutions, and drive results
- Meet margin targets to contribute to profitability goals
- Develop an assortment strategy outlining strengths, weaknesses, new opportunities & potential risks by season for current site as well as possible retail, wholesale and international channels
- Uphold brand price positioning and manage pricing strategy
- Plan seasonal investment strategy by providing guidance on style-level investment strategy
- Report product performance and build data-driven action plan based on results
- Partner with Sr. Product Development Manager on product messaging, key seasonal product stories, and product knowledge for the website
- Develop, maintain, and gain approval for divisional product strategies for all channels
- Lead cross-functional collaboration and communication on seasonal strategies to achieve sales goals
- Partners with Sr. Product Development Manager to manage the whole line creation process from initial concepts to final production including quarterly line presentations
- Works closely with Ops and Marketing teams on strategies to bring line to market
- Thrives in fast paced environment with ability to prioritize and maintain schedules, manage multiple projects and seasons simultaneously
How will I know I'll be successful in this role?
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- 8+ years of experience minimum merchandising experience
- Your interpersonal and communication skills are superior
- You trust data to help inform all decisions
- Ability to thrive under pressure, you eat challenges for breakfast
- You're an Excel pro- you know all the shortcuts and tricks
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, or related field
- Experience delivering high growth at the brand or category level
- Strong understanding of men's apparel market and trends
- Experience and understanding of apparel merchandising, manufacturing, global supply chain operations and mass market distribution.
- Eye for relevant and trend-right product that aligns with the brand aesthetic
- Ability to travel 10%