Job descriptionTechnical Designer, Intimates
Client Overview: Fast-paced Intimate Apparel company searching for an Intimate Apparel Technical Designer to join the team.
Position Overview: The Technical Designer is responsible for the successful delivery of garment fit, pattern, construction & measurement specifications from development through production for all in-house, licensed & private label brands.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
- Develops tech packs (POM) based on sketches and/or samples from designers. Oversees fit development & production from 1st proto to fit to PP to TOP samples.
- Capable of identifying and resolving fit & construction issues through garment fittings (on models), measuring garments, creating & revising graded specs, and making pattern corrections.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers & Technical Design team members to identify potential production, quality & cost issues - making appropriate recommendations while maintaining design and fit intent.
- Knowledge of molded cup shapes, foam & wire qualities for missy & plus size bras.
- Track & manage samples via PLM calendar to ensure seasonal deadlines are met & products are approved on time.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in technical design/patternmaking - intimate apparel preferred (women/children - bras, panties, shapewear, etc).
- Thorough understanding of intimates fitting, grading, garment construction & pattern-making techniques.
- Experience working with overseas and domestic vendors.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Fast-paced working style, highly organized, detail oriented & a team player.
- Proficient PC skills including MS Office (Excel/Outlook), Illustrator (garment sketching) & PLM.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Design, Intimates preferred Job