Job description24 Seven is partnering with a large Health Insurance client based in Arizona to help them find a Test Data Specialist, QA to join their team in this remote opportunity! This is a full-time, 3 month contract-to-hire opportunity.
*Candidates must live in the Phoenix, AZ area to go onsite once a month for team meetings*
Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience; must have experience in the automation of manual test scripts; must have experience with Selenium, Eclipse, SQL Server. Nice to have: Azure Data Studio, Notepad++, SpecBuilder
The Test Data Specialist – Quality Assurance will be responsible for creating, sourcing, and managing data that will be used through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle by various testing teams in the organization to support in-scope testing activities. The Test Data Specialist will be responsible for the organizing and provisioning of test data for multiple applications involved in major projects.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience with technical requirement design and elicitation
- 5 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems
- 5 years of experience in data analysis and management
- High-School Diploma; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Provision test data required to support all functional and non-functional testing for assigned projects, in a variety of data formats and application architectures.
- Utilize programming languages, such as Python and SQL, to develop and enhance test data generation automation capabilities.
- Develop/refine test data requirements for assigned projects.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on test data for testing teams and development teams where applicable.
- Extract, import and export test data in various databases and file formats for project needs.
- Identify, design, and implement test data process improvements that involve automating manual processes of existing test data generation to optimize delivery.
- Manage test data challenges for teams, providing guidance and escalating to test data team management when necessary.
- Optimize test data processes based on lessons learned from prior projects.
- Communicate openly within the test data team and with external team partners and project stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Work with Test Data Coordinator(s) and Test Data Lead(s) to coordinate efforts and identify potential issues in advance.
- Work with Test Leads (both E2E & UAT) and other stakeholders to ensure test data requirements are met.
- Partner with workforce development team(s) to provision data for training needs as a part of major projects.
- Apply extensive expertise in data integrations and be recognized as a subject matter expert in managing data.
- Assist in finding a solution to defects that are related to test data inconsistencies and provide guidance to development teams on data flows when applicable.
- Partner with Test Data Lead(s) to define/enhance the test data management strategy roadmap.
- Execute on the test data management strategy roadmap by consulting with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and mitigate/escalate risks and issues that are related to test data inconsistencies.
- Identify test data anomalies and perform data reconciliations when necessary.
- Identify relationships in disparate data and resolve test data discrepancies.
- Coordinate with other Enterprise teams to acquire/provision de-identified test data required to support planned testing.
- Coordinate with Release/Change/Environment Management teams to setup test data in various non-production environments to enable the planned testing.
- Coordinate with testing teams, automation team, environment team, and other Enterprise teams to assess test data gaps in test environments to support planned testing.
- Validate consistency of data in & across all test environments.
- Formulate test data backup plans and ensure that they are implemented in a timely fashion and properly secured.
Required Job Skills
- High PC proficiency
- Highly proficient in spreadsheet, database, and word processing software
- Ability to read files, file formats, workflows, and data flows
- Ability to create and run complex SQL queries
- Ability to understand and use project tracking tools such as Microsoft Project and Azure DevOps
- Ability to create, modify, and execute Python scripts
- Ability to create and modify healthcare industry-standard EDI files
- Foundational understanding of testing processes within Agile delivery models
- Deep understanding of test data generation methods and strategies
- Work with all levels of management and functional areas in BCBSAZ and understand the potential implications of system changes to those areas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and understand data movement within and between connected systems
- Proficient in End-to-End operational flows across various health plan domains (reports, commissions, claims, financials, customer service, operational reports, providers, products and benefits, etc.)
- Deep understanding of testing methodology, terminology, estimation models, templates etc.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle and associated processes
- Demonstrated ability to make effective use of Test Data
- Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate Risks and Issues related to Testing
- Proficient in estimating effort and allocating work across the team
- Strong understanding of information systems, business processes and the key drivers and measures for success