Position Title: Vice President of Social
Hybrid Role - 3 days in office / 2 days from home
This position will lead the overarching strategy, vision and performance of the company’s global social media platforms and social brand presence. This role will play a vital role in continuing to grow all existing and future social platforms and audiences globally. This will involve concepting, implementing and executing a strategic and creative global social media plan, including content creation, copywriting and communication roll out per channel, platform and territory.
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to create and execute social strategy, planning and project management of all social activities across organizational objectives and for cross-functional initiatives to accomplish the strategic priorities, mission and vision of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Art Dept, Creative, Styling and PR teams; informing, assessing, and addressing issues that affect the team and organization, developing and implementing the marketing and communication strategy through a social centric lens.
- Monitor, adhere to and reconcile the annual social operating budget, accurately capturing expenses and ROI and ensuring budget performance and management.
- Actively manage and react to online social sentiment, amplifying and promoting social growth.
- Develop and implement engaging and high performing cost-effective collateral to be used for social media content, promoting brand narrative, legacy; as well as direct product marketing.
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to create engaging social forward copywriting for use across platforms, including newsletters, digital marketing, and product naming.
- Develop and implement social content and communication plan.
- Manage all social planning and project management of social agencies and day-to-day operations related to social strategy and execution.
- Leverage and build key partnerships to support social media plans, communicate messaging, drive growth, and engage customers.
- Create and manage standardized social and communication processes, including operating procedures and quality assurance.
- Determine best practices for oversight of social strategy development, planning and project management, including evaluation and implementation of process changes as necessary.
- Oversee integrated social communication to internal stakeholders, including marketing plans, aligning product calendar, process updates and changes ensuring understanding and support across the organization.
- Maintain a deep understanding of social media platforms, digital forecast and trends, utilizing research and data based approach to identify key social messages and audiences, and work consistently to form and amplify a consistent brand narrative and aesthetic according to brand TOV and vision.
- Provide leadership and set current and long-term goals for internal teams and external social agencies.
- Strategize and focus on elevating the brand’s public perception and reputation through a social centric lens.
- Monitor, review and report on all social activity and results, alongside management of external agencies across social.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on social and PR metrics for the CMO, founder and CEO.
- Conduct and compare market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth through social media platforms.
- Implement and ensure consistent brand TOV and vision upheld across all social and communication touch points.
Requirements and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, public relations or creative subject.
- At least 10+ years’ experience in a senior role within marketing, communications, and/or public relations / advertising agency or related area with an emphasis on luxury, fashion strategy and marketing.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful social campaigns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe suite.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics and Google Adwords.
- Excellent knowledge of Social Landscape.
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent copywriting skills.
- Proficient knowledge of global social platforms.
- Firm interest in innovative new and upcoming digital platforms.
- Solid knowledge of Luxury Fashion social Landscape.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong idea generator, ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult, quick decisions.
- Team player who operates well in a dynamic, all hands-on deck environment.
- Chinese/Mandarin speaking an added benefit.