Client Overview: Iconic Accessories company is seeking a Women's Footwear Buyer to join their team for a Maternity leave through March 2024. The role is hybrid with 2 work from home days in their NYC office.
Women's Buyer Responsibilities:
- Build the buy strategies during market; product selection and assortment, while managing the sku plan and meeting financial goals.
- Develop and present the seasonal and monthly newness assortment strategy for full price channels; participate in pre-season assortment planning to deliver on and exceed financial goals.
- Manage, maintain, and coordinate in-season execution of product assortment through in store promotions, markdowns, and visual execution.
- Hindsight business performance and create recaps that showcase category buying strategies and business results that can be shared with leadership and cross functional teams.
- Partner with merchandising to clearly express business needs, opportunities, and strategies to ensure the best assortment possible.
- Partner with planning regarding overall buy strategy to ensure financial viability and excellence in execution with a focus on allocation and operations.
- Assist in the execution of product priorities and launches across departments including product merchandising, planning, brand marketing, visual and field teams by balancing priorities, inventory levels, margin preservation with top line sales.
- Strategize on future business opportunities by identifying market trends, developing assortment opportunities, and understanding the customer while partnering with product merchandising on development.
- Present seasonal buy strategies to field teams quarterly, create visual presentations to aid in product training.
- Develop methods for analyzing the business and results of previous buying strategies and make tactical adjustments to leverage opportunities for increased profitability.
Women's Buyer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have Minimum of 5 years previous experience in retail buying for a vertical retailer
- Strong knowledge/experience with retail buying and financial management
- Must be highly organized and have strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills
- Microsoft Office; advanced excel skills