Job descriptionOur client is an advanced contemporary women's apparel brand. This role will provide support and assistance in creative, preparative and organizational tasks in womenswear design. This role is temp to perm and on site five days a week.
Design Assistant Responsibilities:
- Helping to prepare design boards for sketch reviews and meetings.
- Sample management
- Assist creative director to maintain and update design boards with appropriate fabrics, sketches and references images as needed.
- Imagery, color and design research.
- Creating and launching tech packs and sketch updates.
- Creating trials, drapes, and swatches in our in-house atelier to develop and explore new ideas
- Participate in fittings and stylings.
- Researching inspiration online and offsite.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Fashion Design.
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Proficient draping and sketching skills.
- Basic understanding of technical packages.