Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring a 3D Designer on a 3 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
This role requires in-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of digital concept creation and management. This role actively builds and manages digital product creation projects and processes. Creates superior level concepts primarily for footwear apparel and accessories. Fabricate and assemble new R&D concepts utilizing all resources and equipment on hand within the Concept Creation Center. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products and services in the areas of:
• Digital Tools and Software.
• Rapid Prototyping Services.
• Concept Creation.
• Digital Printing Services.
-Takes a new perspective using existing and new solutions to deliver concept models and prototypes for the innovation design and inline teams.
- Works independently, acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience6 may direct the work of other staff members.
- Educates new employees on the C4 MAKE equipment and concept creation process.
- Makes the Innovation team better through active listening, emotional intelligence, leveraging experience, and cross functional collaboration.
- Resource Management - Is accountable for C4 MAKE projects and/or programs with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Anticipate innovation needs, solve for new, unique situations and plan resource requirements.
- Monitors and controls costs of own work and may manage costs.
- Project Management - Enables the development of innovation projects turning concept ideation into reality by working in, or with, multi-disciplinary teams to include product creation, manufacturing, and 3rd party vendors.
- Meets complex challenges with imaginative state of the art approaches supported by feasible solutions.
- Brand Protection/Promo - Performs work in support of brand and entertainment marketing concept creation plans.
- Demonstrates link between daily work and company mission, participates in initiatives, programs or products with high visibility.
- Ensures actions protect company image and limits risks.
- Does what is needed to deliver quick turn high visibility promo projects. Work within time constraints as identified by project timelines.
- Concept and Technology Creation - Develop innovative, problem-solving concepts that address specific project areas as identified by research conducted by Innovation Design and Inline counterparts.
- Identify multiple innovation solutions to problems and recommend final design direction for project based on collaboration with Innovation leadership and inline teammates.
- Work within time constraints as identified by project timelines.
- Product Design - Execute final product design for identified innovation projects, collaborating with Innovation management, Asia innovation support and Innovation Design as appropriate.
- Respond to product feedback from design and consumer testing with appropriate corrections.
- Work within time constraints as identified by project timeline.
- Opportunity Identification and Research - Together with innovation leaders, collaborate with inline design team, commercial and business people, and consumers to identify relevant unmet consumer needs.
- Survey innovation road map, pipeline of new innovations, and existing innovation assets to identify opportunities to bring innovation to consumers.
- Translate opportunities and unmet needs into potential projects.
- Communication - Assist in the creation of presentation materials that effectively communicate opportunity, concept, and designed product for internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate with inline team members in Design, Development, Product Marketing, and Merchandising to ensure a strong understanding of our business and consumer’s needs are maintained.
- Technology Awareness and Education - Maintain knowledge of innovative trends in CAD software, digital product creation technology, and rapid prototyping materials.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
• Bachelor's degree or 2 years' additional relative work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
• Minimum 5 years' relevant work experience, typically in engineering, development, and/or production
• 8 or more years' experience preferred
• Minimum 5 years' product process experience preferred
• Some expert with footwear engineering, cutting, stitching, and assembly processes and operations is a plus.
• Strong ability to learn and implement concept creation methods.