Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring an Allocations Specialist on a 3 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe in Boston, MA. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
You will act as the subject matter and systems expert to review and execute current allocation processes to support positive change. You will be a key decision maker regarding company inventory. In addition, you will leverage your knowledge of industry trends and innovations in the footwear business to drive the Allocation function to the next level and increase team productivity.
- Collaborates with the planning, buying and visual merchandising partners to ensure capacity and fixture presentation needs are met.
- Weekly flow strategy and unit shipment forecasting, including replenishment for fashion and closeout product, to optimize inventory levels, productivity and turn rates.
- Effective communication and partnership with store teams to assess inventory needs and challenges.
- Communicating floor-set store shipment strategy and peak season shipment forecasts to Supply Chain and store partners with focus on any risks/opportunities.
- Accurate and segmented size break scales and pre-pack/shipment strategy for set and replenishment goals.
- Store segmentation/clustering analysis—leverage size, color, regional, seasonal recapping to drive higher inventory productivity.
- Partnering with the planning and buying to help drive strategy across fashion categories within footwear, apparel and accessories.
- Bachelor’s degree plus with 2 years in retail, ideally including 1 year in an allocation/inventory management roles.
- PC Skills including MS Office must have advanced Excel skills.
Retail Math Knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills, and is a proven problem solver, solution-oriented team player and leader
- Positive attitude and willingness to stretch beyond role to support rapidly growing business.
- Promotes a culture that encourages accountability and drives results.
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Time management skills and execution are key as this role will manage multiple strategies and workstreams.